Lamest pun in a title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
    just completely naff and almost ruined "Se7en" for me.
    I have to say, I've never exactly been sold on "Se-Seven-en" as a title in the first place.

Comment

There's a podcast about Argentine football called Hand Of Pod. Because it's a podcast, see, and because an Argentine footballer once ...

Anyway I happen to think it's at least mildly amusing as a title for an Argentine football podcast, obviously, because that's why I went with it. But a few years ago I had to issue a cease and desist (well, write a strongly worded tweet) when a Scottish newspaper started up a Scottish football podcast with the same title. Given that it can only be a pun on the Hand of God, what the fuck has that got to do with Scottish football?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Given that it can only be a pun on the Hand of God, what the fuck has that got to do with Scottish football?!
        Because it was the English that suffered the consequences.

Comment

Yes, I do get that the Scots are fond of the Hand of God. Trust me. I've shown Scottish people around Argentinos Juniors' museum, which has a room dedicated to their most famous youth product, and is staffed by some lovely people who give Scottish visitors an especially enthusiastic welcome. But it's not as if it's got anything whatsoever to do with Scottish football.

Comment

Those of us who were around in 1978 would be amazed that Scottish football might want any further connection with Argentina...

Comment

Working...
            X