No announcement yet.

Films that just end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felicity, thanks so much. Hidden is the one which was in my mind's eye. Incredible ending.

Comment

Kind Hearts and Coronets is one of those which ends just when I would like to know what happens next. Although I suppose given how superb the film is, maybe this is what makes it all the more tantalizing and dark!
      Last edited by Paul S; 13-11-2019, 15:55.

Comment

I seem to recall Vanishing Point ended quite sharply... It's been a long time since I saw it tho'

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
          Are there any films like those HP mentions above, where it’s all set up to be the usual “good guys eventually win” that does a rug pull right at the end?

I’d love to see a film that does that although, I guess, for most people it would be deeply unsatisfying?
          My experience of The Wicker Man was a bit like that- blasé film viewers steeped in genre endings all looking for the helicopter on the horizon...there isn’t one! They’re going to do it! This is fucking amazing!

Comment

I don't know if it's a joke or not but the Dodgeball DVD had an "original" ending where the heros lost. Supposedly the studio insisted on a happy ending which is why it gets so ludicrous with tying up loose ends in the shown version.

Comment

Sofia Coppola's Somewhere. Which also doesn't really start either.

Comment

Working...
              X