Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    (oh. And he's wrong. The bit you can see on its side had a kerosene and oxygen mix.

Stages two and three used hydrogen)

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    James Burke

I thang yew.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoDQBhJCVQ

Leave a comment:

• Bored Of Education
    replied
    Originally posted by irony towers View Post
    By the early 80s Kenny Lynch's career seemed to consist of being on programmes and, er. that's it. I vividly remember a page of the Not 1983 calendar (as in Not the Nine O'clock News) that read "Thought for the Day: what does Kenny Lynch do exactly?" Apparently his chief occupation thereafter was playing in charity football matches.

A well-known online reference source states that Lynch formed a songwriting partnership with Buster Mottram, which is either a delicious piece of Iannucci-couldn't-make-it-uppery or some nifty Wiki-sabotage.
    His name forms the middle eight of a great song called, "You won't get a tip from a golfing comedian" by Bath comedy punk duo, Hacksaw.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
    Julia Davis
    She won a BAFTA earlier this year for her recent Sally4Ever series. (Most of Julia’s shows go out on Sky Atlantic, which is why she occasionally slips under the radar.)

Worked with her just last week, as it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Craig Kilborne. ESPN/Sportscenter guy then did The Daily Show before Jon Stewart (it was funny, but not so political) and then had the second CBS Late Night show after Letterman. He tried to do a show on Fox at 7 pm - give him credit for trying a new idea/format - but it didn't work and it didn't last. He had a small role in Old School and is now just not on TV except for a Kraft Mac & Cheese ad.

It must be nice to retire, essentially, in ones early 50s. But apparently he quit the things he quit because he got bored of them.
    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 09-10-2019, 18:20.

Leave a comment:

• irony towers
    replied
    By the early 80s Kenny Lynch's career seemed to consist of being on programmes and, er. that's it. I vividly remember a page of the Not 1983 calendar (as in Not the Nine O'clock News) that read "Thought for the Day: what does Kenny Lynch do exactly?" Apparently his chief occupation thereafter was playing in charity football matches.

A well-known online reference source states that Lynch formed a songwriting partnership with Buster Mottram, which is either a delicious piece of Iannucci-couldn't-make-it-uppery or some nifty Wiki-sabotage.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by longeared View Post

Died last Christmas.
    Really? I'm genuinely sad about that, I really liked her.

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Beryl
    replied
    Julia Davis

Lee Hurst - I'm aware of his Twitter horror feed, unfortunately

In fact also from They Think It's All Over :
    Nick Hancock
    Rory McGrath

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    I used to live in Honor Oak, just up the road from the Ravioli* Ballroom, where they used to film his excerable C4 (I think?) show.

Which meant he was often in my local, being exactly the kind of unbearable, "look at me!" prick you'd probably imagine.

*Rivoli

EDIT: to Arturo

Leave a comment:

• Bored Of Education
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Angus Deayton.
    He was the original "Would I lie to you" host which suggested that his career was back on track after the HIGNFY sacking (which, let's not forget, was to blame for our current PM) but yes, he hasn't done anything since.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo
    replied
    Justin Lee Collins. He seemed to be fading out of view even before his court convictions.
    Last edited by Arturo; 09-10-2019, 17:04.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    Sister Wendy
    Died last Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Russ Abbott

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Angus Deayton.

Leave a comment:

• andrew7610
    replied
    There's a whole genre of TV clip/talking head shows that seems to employ people who fit this description - "I remember 199x" and suchlike, where it is obvious that the interviewees have only just seen the clip they're supposedly reminiscing about for the first ever time 2 minutes prior to being asked about it.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Having worked with him for a few years, I'll pitch Mark Lamarr. He does far less radio these days, having pretty much shunned TV for more than a dozen years now.

Johnny Vaughan as well: barely seen on our screens for the past decade. Can't say I've missed him much.

As for some of the others, Jonathan Ross is very much still on our screens: not really my cuppa, but I caught a bit of his show in repeat just last night on ITV. (Whether he still earns the ridiculous £18m per annum - or whatever it was the BBC were paying him - I have no idea.)

Catherine Tate still performs theatre (including a live version of her TV show) and has a movie featuring her 'Nan' character mooted for next year. Make of that what you will.

Driving a bus, last I heard...
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    I'm surprised, he must be getting on a bit by now...
    Well, 'dead' actually. More than a decade ago.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    [Simon Dee] Driving a bus, last I heard...
    I'm surprised, he must be getting on a bit by now...

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    As I said, he still infests the radio...

Leave a comment:

• tracteurgarcon
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    Clive Anderson seems to have disappeared - he doesn't even pop up on any of the panel shows anymore.
    He's still all over Radio 4, presents "Loose Ends" and "Law in Action" (or whatever the law thing is called).

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Sister Wendy

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Ah, Simon Dee...
    Driving a bus, last I heard...

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Catherine Tate.

For half a second I thought you'd typed "Sharon Tate" and momentarily considered you a very naughty boy.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Romesh Ranganathan (in two years time...)

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Catherine Tate.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    The ubiquitousness of Miranda Hart, John Bishop and Sarah Millican has been replaced by Katherine Ryan, Sara Pascoe and Katherine Ryan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X