Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
    Radio X
    Further reason not to listen, if any were needed.

Comment

Jimmy Nail. I came home and my wife had Radio 2 on. Ain't No Doubt was playing and I instantly thought of this thread.

Well, after first recalling my brother's rather creepy delivery of the, "She's lying" line he used to randomly come out with as a teenager.

​​​

Comment

Just further to Kenny Lynch’s songwriting, he spent part of the early 1970s co-writing album tracks for The Hollies. So much so that the Wikipedia tracklisting for their 1971 album Distant Light describes it as “all songs written by Kenny Lynch and Tony Hicks except where indicated”. One of the indicated tracks is Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
          Jimmy Nail. I came home and my wife had Radio 2 on. Ain't No Doubt was playing and I instantly thought of this thread.

Well, after first recalling my brother's rather creepy delivery of the, "She's lying" line he used to randomly come out with as a teenager.

​​​
          On a related "Auf Wiedersehen Pet" note are Tim Healy and Kevin Whatley on telly much nowadays? I know Whatley was doing "Lewis" a while back and was Healy in "Old Tricks" or whatever the thing about OAP detectives was called?

Comment

Kenny Lynch is on the cover of Band On The Run

Comment

What happened to Mark Little? He was big in the 90s and then seemed to disappear or was that me loving abroad? He seems like the kind of comedian that would be in all the comedy quiz shows today.

Comment

He'll usually have a show at the Fringe and it seems he tours regularly. He'll also pop up occasionally on that awful show Jeremy Vine does on Channel 5.

Comment

Sue Cook. A flagship presenter for the BBC (Crimewatch, Breakfast Time, Children in Need, Nationwide, etc).and then disappeared off the face of the earth in the mid 90s after (I think) a major falling out.

Last time I heard her mentioned was as an unseen character in I'm Alan Partridge, but that was two decades ago.
                  Last edited by Arturo; 28-10-2019, 17:39.

Comment

Arlene Phillips. Got the boot as a Strictly judge in 2008 after several years on the show. Think some similar work followed along with a book, then nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
                      Arlene Phillips. Got the boot as a Strictly judge in 2008 after several years on the show. Think some similar work followed along with a book, then nothing.
                      Isn't she running the DUP now?

Comment

Kenny Lynch has died.

Comment

RIP a bit of a pioneer in what was a very white world.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                            Kenny Lynch has died.
                            I'm okay with Kenny Lynch. Bit of a renaissance man. And as Sits says, something of a pioneer in his time.

Comment

RIP a bit of a pioneer in what was a very white world.
                              I was going to put "What, golf?" but upon reflection that seems a bit of a cheap laugh.

Comment

Just a couple of minor heads-up with people mentioned on this thread:

Jimmy Nail was in a lead role in Sting's musical The Last Ship about 5 years ago. I recall Gordon himself had to take over for the latter part of its Broadway run, as Mr Nail didn't provide sufficient 'name' value to attract in the average dithering New York punter, it would appear.

Tim Healy was never in New Tricks, that I recall, but he's been in a recurring role in Still Open All Hours since it began.
                                There have now been more episodes of Still Open All Hours than there were of the original Open All Hours.

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                Going Live veterans [...] Trev & Simon. The latter wrote something called "Off Their Rockers" so perhaps are no longer acting/performing as such.
                                Very randomly, having forgotten about them for years I stumbled across a recent project of theirs only the other month: a comedy sci-fi audio series called Strangeness In Space, written and produced by the unlikely trio of Trev & Simon and former Doctor Who companion Sophie "Ace" Aldred. They successfully crowdfunded it and made it available for free as a podcast – I actually downloaded it in the summer but still haven't got around to listening to any of it... Apparently the likes of Sylvester McCoy, Sally Phillips, Paterson Joseph, Alexei Sayle, Doon Mackichan, Rufus Hound and Katy Brand have all appeared. And, in a nod to T&S's Going Live roots, Sarah Greene joined them for the final episode of the series.
                                http://strangenessinspace.com/

Comment

Documentary on the aforementioned Gail Porter.

Comment

I have a couple of minor connections to Gail Porter:

a) Her dad was my ex's (and my daughter's) landlord a couple of years ago.

b) I was present when Mark Lamarr reduced her to tears on NMTB. It was a truly grim experience - exacerbated when Ms Porter for reasons best known to herself decided to come on to him in the Green Room afterwards. (I can only assume that she perhaps wasn't well even that long ago.)

Comment

Working...
                                    X