People who were all over TV but then disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Stupid twat he may have been, but Boardman 'did' have a career prior to Atkinson's patronage.

(Mainly involving his relentless telling of that 'Fokker' joke on chat shows.)
    Is that the same joke as “Dey bombed arr chippy!”..?

Comment

I think so, yes.

Comment

Must be, he only has one "joke". I still wonder how his Germanophobia tallies with the job Klopp is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
          Jesus Christ, dude. Maybe find a different job. Piers Morgan is not a role model.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
            Must be, he only has one "joke". I still wonder how his Germanophobia tallies with the job Klopp is doing.
            My guess is that Klopp is treated as an honorary Brit. It's not unusual for racists to have selective cognitive dissonance (see the tabloids and Raheem Sterling).

Comment

Gavin from Gavin and Stacey

Comment

Katie Hopkins, we can hope.

Comment

Michael Barrymore

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                    Michael Barrymore
                    Isn't he doing that ice dancing show?

Comment

In his case, it’s fairly apparent why that happened.

Comment

Miss Cleo.

You'd have to have been living in the States in the late '90s, early 2000s. This "Jamaican psychic" (later revealed she was born in L.A.) was ubiquitous on U.S. cable TV with an array of infomercials touting psychic services. I'd even go so far as saying she reached iconic status in the world of kitschy American culture. She was actually sort of reassuring as a familiar presence with her island patois and folksy talk (even if you knew it was all BS).

Alas, the company she was fronting was sued for fraud by several states, the Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Trade Commission -- and poof around 2003 the commercials were nowhere to be seen, from ubiquity to utter absence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Cleo

Comment

She passed away in 2016 so she definitely isn't coming back now... unless of course, it turns out her paranormal psychic powers weren't bullshit.

Comment

Psychics are cunts, making money by lying to people who are vulnerable from grief and who should really be spending it on a counselor.

Comment

Whatever happened to Doctor Ruth?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                Psychics are cunts, making money by lying to people who are vulnerable from grief and who should really be spending it on a counselor.
                                Precisely... she ain't coming back.

Comment

In a similar vein, whither Mystic Meg?

Comment

Going Live veterans Philip Hodgson ("agony uncle") and Trev & Simon. The latter wrote something called "Off Their Rockers" so perhaps are no longer acting/performing as such.

Comment

Hodson's active on Twitter as a climate change denier.

Comment

While I wouldn't say he has dropped completely out of sight, you don't see Vernon Kay a great deal now compared to a decade or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Stupid twat he may have been, but Boardman 'did' have a career prior to Atkinson's patronage.

(Mainly involving his relentless telling of that 'Fokker' joke on chat shows.)
                                          It was doing that routine (on the Des O'Connor Show) which pretty much finished his prime time TV career. Thank Christ.

Comment

Johnny Vaughan was mentioned on a podcast I listened to the other day, what's he up to? I'm guessing he's a DJ on Heart or Magic or some other commercial radio station.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
                                              While I wouldn't say he has dropped completely out of sight, you don't see Vernon Kay a great deal now compared to a decade or so ago.
                                              Thank fuck for that. A dodgy haircut and constant gurning is no substitute for an actual personality.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                                Thank fuck for that. A dodgy haircut and constant gurning is no substitute for an actual personality.
                                                He married Tess Daly and had kids. Which presumably are the first kids in history to have minus personality and charisma.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
                                                  Johnny Vaughan was mentioned on a podcast I listened to the other day, what's he up to? I'm guessing he's a DJ on Heart or Magic or some other commercial radio station.
                                                  Radio X

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post

It was doing that routine (on the Des O'Connor Show) which pretty much finished his prime time TV career. Thank Christ.
                                                    And first told by Keith Miller.

And Douglas Bader.

​​​And countless others.

​​

Comment

Working...
                                                    X