No announcement yet.

People who were all over TV but then disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ralf Little as well, what's happened to him?

Comment

Laurie Pike.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge Gainsbourg View Post
        Laurie Pike.
        Really?

All over Channel 4, but TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          Dani Behr
          Denise van Outen

But bearing in mind I’ve been overseas since 1998, they could still be all over the TV.
          Didn't Denise van Outen sort of semi-retire from the sleb circuit to go back to "proper acting" and the theatrical musical circuit?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Didn't Denise van Outen sort of semi-retire from the sleb circuit to go back to "proper acting" and the theatrical musical circuit?
            See previous page - don't think she semi retired as such, just her music and theatre background gave her other stuff to fall back on once the presenting gigs dried up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post

He was the original "Would I lie to you" host which suggested that his career was back on track after the HIGNFY sacking (which, let's not forget, was to blame for our current PM) but yes, he hasn't done anything since.
              This evening I turned on the radio and caught Deayton's unmistakeable tones. (Two minutes later I switched channels - does anyone actively enjoy those Radio 4 sitcoms?)

He was in Nighty Night and presumably now sees himself as a comic actor.

Comment

He started off as that, I think. Was it in KYTV?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Really?

All over Channel 4, but TV?
                  Possibly, but she completely disappeared from our screens after only two years at most. Even her most comparable contemporary is Katie Puckrik, but she turned up recently on BBC4 fronting two programmes on Yacht Rock after years in the wilderness.
                  The only other person from that era I can think of who has vanished without trace would be Hufty from The Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Was it in KYTV?
                    A schedule check reveals it was series 2 of Alone, a Gordon Kennedy/Moray Hunter production.

I hadn't known that Deayton started out in Radio Active, which my teenage self reckoned had something about it.

Comment

Looking it up, KYTV was the TV version of Radio Active.

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post

A schedule check reveals it was series 2 of Alone, a Gordon Kennedy/Moray Hunter production.

I hadn't known that Deayton started out in Radio Active, which my teenage self reckoned had something about it.
                        Hee-bee Gee-bees, with Phil Pope and Michael Fenton-Stevens, surely?

Comment

That stupid twat that Ron Atkinson used to drag around to media conferences. Stan something.

Comment

Comment

Yeah that's him. Atkinson dragged him into the post match presser for some hilarious antics after a League Cup Final at Wembley. About as funny as syphilis.

Comment

Jimmy Nail. Did a series called Spender and Crocodile Shoes then can't remember hearing from him since. Wiki says he's spent the last couple of decades producing the odd album.

Comment

Probably nobody remembers this or I'm misremembering but maybe two or three decades ago there was a woman (with glasses?) who had won some kind of BBC competition and as a prize got to present some regional TV newsy type programme (Look North?). Anyway, I don't think she was on the screen for long but I'm just wondering if it rings a bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                                    That stupid twat that Ron Atkinson used to drag around to media conferences. Stan something.
                                    Stupid twat he may have been, but Boardman 'did' have a career prior to Atkinson's patronage.

(Mainly involving his relentless telling of that 'Fokker' joke on chat shows.)

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                                      Julia Davis
                                      I mean, she's just had a new series. She's not disappeared, but she's only on Sky these days it seems. Her podcast has just started a new season too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post

Stupid twat he may have been, but Boardman 'did' have a career prior to Atkinson's patronage.

(Mainly involving his relentless telling of that 'Fokker' joke on chat shows.)
                                        Boardman was also a decent footballer in his younger days. Turned out for Northwich Victoria in the Northern Premier League in the days when that was just one step
                                        below the Football League.

Comment

Pam Ayres

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                            Pam Ayres
                                            Still doing a regular radio feature on the Radio 2 Saturday morning show (presented by Graham Norton I think)

Comment

No She's not a regular on Norton's show. She was a guest last Saturday talking about her new touring stage show.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                Although now someone has mentioned Danny Dyer... is he still in Eastenders?
                                                Dunno but I saw a trailer for a show he's going to be doing called The Wall, which I think is not related to the "Bring on THE WALL" thing with the swimming pool from whenever it was.

His Who Do You Think You Are? was one of the better episodes this series, too.

Comment

Apparently The Wall is going to be BBC1's big Saturday prime time thingy, starting tomorrow, Which I suppose saves on taxi fares for non-driver Nick Knowles.

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                                                    No She's not a regular on Norton's show. She was a guest last Saturday talking about her new touring stage show.
                                                    Oh. He welcomed her on like she does a bit every week.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X