X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midsommar

Not seen it.

Know nowt about it.

But having seem the posters, it's The Wicker Man, but Scandi, isn't it?

Ish, but with a lot more unpleasantness.

Comment

It's overrated. Looks wonderful, the central performance by (forgot her first name) Pugh is excellent. Some needlessly gory bits and then the rest of the film descends into stupidity and absurdist comedy. Good soundtrack, clever camera work but overly long and not as good as I had hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
        It's overrated. Looks wonderful, the central performance by (forgot her first name) Pugh is excellent. Some needlessly gory bits and then the rest of the film descends into stupidity and absurdist comedy. Good soundtrack, clever camera work but overly long and not as good as I had hoped.
        Sounds exactly like the director's previous film, Hereditary.

Comment

I really liked Hereditary until the last 10 minutes. I'm seeing this on Thursday and would be satisfied if it was as good.

Comment

A visual and aural feast for folk-horror fans. I enjoyed it but it is a slow movie and at times almost silly but it kept me captivated. There were a couple of wtf moments. I found all the non-community characters annoying, which I guess was the idea.

Comment

I can't believe that my sister and her husband decided to see this with my mother. It's definitely not her kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
              X