Popmaster in meltdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popmaster in meltdown?

An everlasting tie break followed by a flip of a coin, apparently.

Did anyone listen and brief the rest of us?

(i.e. me)

Is this supposed to make sense?

Comment

It's a quiz segment on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show, I have discovered.

I didn't know that Ken Bruce was still going. I remember him being reasonably likeable for an old school Radio 1/2 DJ but I'd mentally pensioned him off years ago.

Comment

A friend of mine loves Popmaster and he's always throwing that weeks "three in ten" questions at me, I can usually get two but unless I really know the act getting the three is really difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
          It's a quiz segment on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show, I have discovered.

I didn't know that Ken Bruce was still going. I remember him being reasonably likeable for an old school Radio 1/2 DJ but I'd mentally pensioned him off years ago.
          One of those people who is both younger than you think, and looks younger than he is.

Comment

Rubbish as I am at it, that's not why it winds me up. What does is that the questions are worth either 3 or 6 points. What's the purpose of that? Might as well just be 1 and 2, it would make absolutely no difference to the outcome. It's that kind of BBC whimsy like the equally redundant "choose a heiroglyph" on Only Connect, when the symbols bear no relation to subject categories or anything.

Comment

Except that KB sometimes awards 'one' point (or two, on the bonus question) for a half-correct answer - ie, if the contestant has part of an artist's name, etc. Obviously, he couldn't really do that if it were just one point per standard answer.

But, that 'winds you up'? I mean, do you have the same problem with sports that award multiple points for one score?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

One of those people who is both younger than you think, and looks younger than he is.
                My gran had a soft spot for him when he did the disco at social club evenings she ran round Paisley in the 1970s

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                  It's that kind of BBC whimsy like the equally redundant "choose a heiroglyph" on Only Connect, when the symbols bear no relation to subject categories or anything.
                  That came in because they had complaints that choosing questions by Latin characters was too pretentious.

Comment

Greek.

Comment

Working...
                    X