Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTFers on Television and Radio

Carcass has a series starting today.

Yes, quite a treat to listen to on the way home from work.

Comment

Not sure how he's got an entire series out of it. Still, we'll wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
        I didn't know who Carcass was. I'm a bit starstruck that I use the same forum as him.

Comment

Much of a Rod Liddle fan?

Comment

Looks like I didn't join until three years after Carcass left. Some of those old threads have a posted called 'Guest' who supported Norwich. Any idea who that was?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Looks like I didn't join until three years after Carcass left. Some of those old threads have a posted called 'Guest' who supported Norwich. Any idea who that was?
              That was in the Stephen Fry days.

Comment

I hate to say it - especially as I have got on the wrong side of John before - but I didn't think it was that good, even though I was quite looking forward to it. It wasn't a subject that I am that interested in, although that doesn't stop me being enthralled by a lot of stuff on Radio 4, but the main issue was that I didn't think that John came over that well on the radio. The scripted bits were nowhere near as good as what I have read of his and the interviews could have been better edited, I thought. I think it is a case of a perfectly good print journalist not transferring as well to another medium. Having said that, John's come over well in TV interviews I have seen him in. Fair play to him, though, to get a series onRadio 4 and I will end up listening to all of it, I am sure, so it will be interesting to see how it develops.

Comment

The forum now gives former member "guests" the same profile as you, so my guests are all fans of Scunthorpe United and Dark Chocolate Digestives, which causes some confusion the first few times.

Comment

I've enjoyed several of his British Masters interviews for Noisey. Here's a link to their YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6wfgPDj15hM79m

Comment

The Mogwai one was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                        I've enjoyed several of his British Masters interviews for Noisey. Here's a link to their YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6wfgPDj15hM79m
                        It was his MES one that I was starstruck by. His accent sounds like he should be from at least near Bury. Does anyone know where he's from?

Comment

Near Liverpool, I think. I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                            The forum now gives former member "guests" the same profile as you, so my guests are all fans of Scunthorpe United and Dark Chocolate Digestives, which causes some confusion the first few times.
                            Aha! Thanks.

Comment

The Rhino is doing something for Netflix, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                The Rhino is doing something for Netflix, I believe.

Music or park cafes?

Comment

A crossover.

Comment

TBH, Price doing a 1-hour documentary about the social and culinary history of the park cafes and eateries of Britain is absolutely made for BBC4.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                      Does anyone know where he's from?
                                      St Helens.

Comment

You should read 'Jolly Lad' by John Doran - it is excellent. I have a copy if anyone's interested

Comment

Actually, I would genuinely like to read that but probably won't get around to it for decades. However, if someone else doesn't want it, I will.

Comment

I really didn't like him much as a poster on this forum due to his aggressive nature to anyone who disagreed with him that wasn't an established music journalist or mater of an established music journalist. However, that was over decade ago and everyone has moved well and truly on.

I really enjoyed his British Masters interviews and I've enjoyed both episodes of this.
                                            It's Radio 4 at 4pm and he gets the balance right of ensuring thousands the typical R4 G.Q.T. crew don't turn off whilst introducing them to the work of a Naked Feminist Gabba Screamo performer.

He's also got a great presenting voice, really distinctive and unique. If I was an advertising executive I'd want his voice advertising my product rather than Tom Ravenscroft.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                                              I really didn't like him much as a poster on this forum due to his aggressive nature to anyone who disagreed with him that wasn't an established music journalist or mater of an established music journalist.
                                              I had no idea we had music journalists' mothers here.

Comment

There's no point trying to follow him on social media either if you intend to have any kind of dialogue that isn't about how great he is. You will be immediately blocked.

That said, I've enjoyed his contributions to Chart Music; he is always lucid and articulate and, yet, he would be an excellent 6Music presenter, enthusiastic and willing to do his homework (unlike Radcliffe and Maconie these days, sadly, for whom the job is often treated as a sideline that can be phoned in).
                                                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-06-2019, 23:48.

Comment

What they said. He was a surly fucker on here. That said I enjoyed meeting him and his mate Supine Shite Spouter at Pricey's club. Very mellow

Comment

Working...
                                                  X