X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memo for Danny Baker from Jeremy Kyle

Beat that one then

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-13/...eath-of-guest/

Very sad that somebody had to die to get this televisual excrement removed from the airwaves.

Comment

The only thing that surprises me is that either it hadn't happened before, or more importantly, that someone with any control hadn't binned it off, along with him and the entire production team long ago.

Comment

That it was (hopefully was, not is) the highest rating daytime show might be the key factor in its continued presence on TV. It would certainly trump considerations such as the exploitation of the poor and poorly educated and their mental wellbeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
          That it was (hopefully was, not is) the highest rating daytime show might be the key factor in its continued presence on TV. It would certainly trump considerations such as the exploitation of the poor and poorly educated and their mental wellbeing.
          No shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
            It would certainly trump considerations such as the exploitation of the poor and poorly educated and their mental wellbeing.
            This is ITV; scruples went out of the window decades ago.
            Ah well - good riddance to this televisual bear-baiting with its "do as I say, not as I do" host and his taking of inadmissable evidence as gospel.

Comment

I just the other day happened across an episode and was like a rabbit in the headlights for a minute or two. Fucking horrible, horrible people, the makers of that show. Real nasty bastards.

Comment

How long before he's rehabilitated too and on Saturday evening teatime television?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                  This is ITV; scruples went out of the window decades ago.
                  Ah well - good riddance to this televisual bear-baiting with its "do as I say, not as I do" host and his taking of inadmissable evidence as gospel.
                  Yep, that, plus his laughable insistence that the show represents something 'other' than the cheapest and most cynical media exploitation.

Comment

Cancellation confirmed.
                    The programme has been permanently cancelled after the death of a guest who took part in the show.

Comment

This is from over ten years ago. It's an absolute disgrace and the producers should be held to account:

Carole Cadwalladr goes behind the scenes at The Jeremy Kyle Show and uncovers the shocking world of daytime TV

Comment

This article I found the most appalling. https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-death-show-tv

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                          How long before he's rehabilitated too and on Saturday evening teatime television?
                          6 months.

Comment

It's not the first death from this kind of show. Wasn't there a high profile case on Jenny Jone in the US where a guy's secret admirer was revealed to be a male friend, The mentally unstable homophobic recipient went and shot the admirer. It was the same sort of exploitative tabloid show, I don't think the show was even cancelled.

Comment

I read a tweet that said something like. "All these people who say Jeremy Kyle is horrible, and they've never even met him. I used to work for him and I can tell you, he's horrible."

Another tweet by a runner always said he had a "whiff of evil" coming off him.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                This article I found the most appalling. https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-death-show-tv
                                "But there’s another reason this exploitation is able to happen. Entry-level staff are usually from working-class, or at least ordinary, backgrounds. We couldn’t afford to do free work experience to break into the industry;"

Ah, right. My dad had dirty fingernails and I needed the money.

Fuck off.

Comment

Like folk used to excuse working for the Sun or whatever back in the day. I needed the break to do what I wanted to write! A massive blot on Marina Hyde fer me(who I severely doubt lacked connections), as much as her Sensible stuff ala Corbyn.

Comment

Local news headline: "TV row: Jeremy Kyle axed". Well, that is going to be something to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                      Like folk used to excuse working for the Sun or whatever back in the day. I needed the break to do what I wanted to write! A massive blot on Marina Hyde fer me(who I severely doubt lacked connections), as much as her Sensible stuff ala Corbyn.
                                      It's not a massive blot. She wasn't a journalist, she was a temp secretary sent by an agency. I expect she was the same age I was just before I realised that the Standard was a right wing rag after reading it for years.

Comment

Working...
                                      X