Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    I'm now at the point where when I mention a programme, and someone asks me "what channel is that on?", I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    SonyXmas appears to be having an animal day. Santa's Dog is currently on, to be followed by The 12 Dogs of Christmas and The 12 Dogs of Christmas: The Great Puppy Rescue. After that it looks like they run out of dogs so it's time for Christmas Pony.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Okay then, 'during the months of January to November'.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    One of my ‘lifetime’ bugbears is people singing / whistling / humming bloody Christmas carols in the middle of summer. It just tells me all too clearly that they aren’t in any way engaging their brains.
    Oi! For some of us, the middle of summer is precisely the time of year for that sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Those who despise this kind of content may be amused by this podcast, in which two arch journalists eviscerate movies shown on the Hallmark Channel

Quite a number of these atrocities have Christmas themes

Leave a comment:

• andrew7610
    replied
    I want to make it quite clear I don't approve of her behaviour at all.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    There’s just something fundamentally wrong with that, I’m afraid.

One of my ‘lifetime’ bugbears is people singing / whistling / humming bloody Christmas carols in the middle of summer. It just tells me all too clearly that they aren’t in any way engaging their brains.

Leave a comment:

• andrew7610
    replied
    Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
    I spotted that yesterday. It was formerly True Movies - a channel full of US made-for-TV 'movies with a message'.

But who the absolute Jefferson would want to watch Christmas films in the middle of September, God alone knows...
    I am married to a woman who would watch this 365 days a year, and will if she becomes aware of its existence.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    I spotted that yesterday. It was formerly True Movies - a channel full of US made-for-TV 'movies with a message'.

But who the absolute Jefferson would want to watch Christmas films in the middle of September, God alone knows...

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    I now appear to receive a channel called "SonyXmas" (and another called "SonyXmas +1"). Should I wish I could spend the rest of the day watching Santa & Pete, Santa's Summer House, Santa Baby, Defending Santa and Secret Santa.

Leave a comment:

• Vicarious Thrillseeker
    replied
    Yes - it looks shit.

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
    Trailer here
    Thanks, VT; that's more than enough for me! No lost gem awaiting rediscovery there.

Leave a comment:

• Vicarious Thrillseeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjm View Post
    Talking Pictures have a film on later called Take A Girl Like You. An adaptation of the Kingsley Amis novel, it stars Oliver Reed and Hayley Mills, with Jonathan Miller directing (his only such credit) from a screenplay by George Melly. It's such an unlikely collision of names that it is half tempting to watch. On the other hand, it may have languished in complete obscurity for half a century for a reason.
    Trailer here

Leave a comment:

• Benjm
    replied
    Talking Pictures have a film on later called Take A Girl Like You. An adaptation of the Kingsley Amis novel, it stars Oliver Reed and Hayley Mills, with Jonathan Miller directing (his only such credit) from a screenplay by George Melly. It's such an unlikely collision of names that it is half tempting to watch. On the other hand, it may have languished in complete obscurity for half a century for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Channels I don't watch, wow so many. The Books channel I feel I should check out but never have. I have watched the Punjabi feed for Canucks Ice Hockey now and again. I don't understand a word but the intermissions appear to me much jollier than the fucking Don and Ron show.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    No, that list's only for Freeview. This was definitely Freesat as I've not had an aerial connected for about six years.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Maybe this will help?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ial_television

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    No, it wasn't Vintage TV. That had something resembling a half-decent run on air, not to mention what could be considered production values. The channel I'm trying to remember was almost like the televisual equivalent of a pop-up shop; it lasted about a month, if that.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    There was a channel that popped up briefly on Freesat a year or two back that I forget the name of. Every time I saw it, it just seemed to be old concert recordings in a tiny screen window in absolutely abysmal quality - I'd guess about 240p. It made Showcase TV look like HBO.
    Vintage TV, probably. They had a fine line in broadcasting a song over a completely different video or some old live footage.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    I don't watch anything under HD quality. Which ludicrously rules out about 70% of channels on the sky box. Why isn't every channel HD yet?

Leave a comment:

• wittoner
    replied
    Worth keeping an eye on Freesports (Freeview & BT channel 64,, different number on other platforms)
    Showing live matches from the Toulon Tournament, the U-20 World Cup, The CONCACAF Gold Cup & MLS throughout the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
    BT sport
    So how have you been following your club's glorious CL campaign?

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    Watched a lot of Giro highlights on Quest recently.

Odd disconnect between the trailed programming (Aussie Gold Hunters...Swamp Truckers...) and the ads, which all seemed to be aimed at women

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    Showcase - through the day a fairly gentle lineup programmes about walks in the UK, caravans and documentaries about Chinese culture. Then about 9pm it's three hours of minor league wrestling or boxing.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
    as it was basically a soap in its later years.
    It was always a soap, surely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X