The channels you don't watch ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
    Talking Pictures have a film on later called Take A Girl Like You. An adaptation of the Kingsley Amis novel, it stars Oliver Reed and Hayley Mills, with Jonathan Miller directing (his only such credit) from a screenplay by George Melly. It's such an unlikely collision of names that it is half tempting to watch. On the other hand, it may have languished in complete obscurity for half a century for a reason.
    Trailer here

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
      Trailer here
      Thanks, VT; that's more than enough for me! No lost gem awaiting rediscovery there.

Comment

Yes - it looks shit.

Comment

I now appear to receive a channel called "SonyXmas" (and another called "SonyXmas +1"). Should I wish I could spend the rest of the day watching Santa & Pete, Santa's Summer House, Santa Baby, Defending Santa and Secret Santa.

Comment

I spotted that yesterday. It was formerly True Movies - a channel full of US made-for-TV 'movies with a message'.

But who the absolute Jefferson would want to watch Christmas films in the middle of September, God alone knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              I spotted that yesterday. It was formerly True Movies - a channel full of US made-for-TV 'movies with a message'.

But who the absolute Jefferson would want to watch Christmas films in the middle of September, God alone knows...
              I am married to a woman who would watch this 365 days a year, and will if she becomes aware of its existence.

Comment

There’s just something fundamentally wrong with that, I’m afraid.

One of my ‘lifetime’ bugbears is people singing / whistling / humming bloody Christmas carols in the middle of summer. It just tells me all too clearly that they aren’t in any way engaging their brains.

Comment

I want to make it quite clear I don't approve of her behaviour at all.

Comment

Those who despise this kind of content may be amused by this podcast, in which two arch journalists eviscerate movies shown on the Hallmark Channel

Quite a number of these atrocities have Christmas themes

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                      One of my ‘lifetime’ bugbears is people singing / whistling / humming bloody Christmas carols in the middle of summer. It just tells me all too clearly that they aren’t in any way engaging their brains.
                      Oi! For some of us, the middle of summer is precisely the time of year for that sort of thing.

Comment

Okay then, 'during the months of January to November'.

Comment

SonyXmas appears to be having an animal day. Santa's Dog is currently on, to be followed by The 12 Dogs of Christmas and The 12 Dogs of Christmas: The Great Puppy Rescue. After that it looks like they run out of dogs so it's time for Christmas Pony.

Comment

I'm now at the point where when I mention a programme, and someone asks me "what channel is that on?", I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X