Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was Chewy, now he's stiff

Peter Mayhew has died.

No matter, Harrison Ford has been performing Solo for years.

RIP, obvs.

Comment

He's Kashyyyked in his chips.

He always came across like a decent guy in interviews. Not many of the originals left now. RIP.

Comment

I feel genuinely sad about this. Peter Meyhew managed to convey an awful lot in his character, with just body language and knowing looks. Quite clearly, Chewie was smarter than Han.

My favourite Chewie moment in the original trilogy is when he's reunited with Han in the dungeon of Jabba's palace and holds onto him, smoothing his hair down, while Han reassures him that he's OK.

Also when he doesn't want to jump in the garbage chute because it smells bad.

Comment

Top marks for the 'intelligently-bitchy' thread title. x

Comment

"Peter Meyhew managed to convey an awful lot in his character, with just body language and knowing looks."

Yes. In the most recent Star Wars film, I just knew from his body language that it was a different actor playing him, despite me not knowing for sure until I checked a few days after.

Seemed like a lovely guy. Didn't know he'd been in Sinbad. Shame that, in his last Star Wars film as Chewie, The Force Awakens, he gets passed over for a hug by Leia. JJ Abrams later acknowledged that was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
              Top marks for the 'intelligently-bitchy' thread title. x
              What does "intelligently-bitchy" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                "Peter Meyhew managed to convey an awful lot in his character, with just body language and knowing looks."

Yes. In the most recent Star Wars film, I just knew from his body language that it was a different actor playing him, despite me not knowing for sure until I checked a few days after.

Seemed like a lovely guy. Didn't know he'd been in Sinbad. Shame that, in his last Star Wars film as Chewie, The Force Awakens, he gets passed over for a hug by Leia. JJ Abrams later acknowledged that was a mistake.
                The new guy is a Finnish basketball player. He’s not as tall as Mayhew, IIRC.

Comment

A Kingstonian fan, who used to watch us in the 70s and 80s. RIP

Comment

Working...
                  X