Favourite Film Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
    That's very well played. Poor fuckin Bruno. He'll always be the Frank obsessive chauffeur to me. Which is a great fuckin scene.

Oh, good call. If people get going we'll fill an entire page with Spinal Tap scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
      Yeh, I loved City Slickers. The piece of dialogue that always sticks in my mind was when the three buddies were talking about the best and worst days of their lives.The Bruno Kirby story at the end always gets me:

That is fantastic.

I feel like there needs to be a kind a Bechtel year for movies about men. The women’s version is “is there a conversation between two women not about men.” The men’s version should be “is there an honest conversation between two men about something other than power, violence, sex, or some other manifestation of their ego.” I like movies like that. City Slickers has a bunch of bits like that. As does Jerry Maguire, even though it’s superficially a sports movie. Cameron Crowe is good with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Oh, good call. If people get going we'll fill an entire page with Spinal Tap scenes.
        Indeed. Hard to pick. “These go to 11” sticks out but it’s hard to chose.

A River Runs Through It - The bit in the bar where the brother-in-law makes up a story about hunting otters.

Miracle - And that is what you have here tonight, boys. https://youtu.be/tdmyoMe4iHM

Austin Powers - “Luge lessons, summers in Rangoon...”

Animal House - “Ok..Don’t write this down, but I find Milton as boring as you find Milton...”

Caddy Shack - the whole speech about caddying for the Dalai Lama. Also “Danny, this isn’t Russia. Is this Russia?”

Comment

A couple from In Bruges although there could be many:

"Happy in your work?" https://youtu.be/LCx-JQl-IGc

"Let's face it Harry" https://youtu.be/xB7BWvD5B5Y

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            The opening of The Conversation.
            And the ending

Comment

"Well it's a joke name, sir. You know, like Biggus Dickus".

"You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!".

Comment

The sex scene in Team America.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7tXpBrpecA

Edit: It's memorable for all the rampant puppet sex, of course, but, watching it again, I think my favourite bit is when she pokes him in the eye at the end.
                Last edited by Hot Orange; 27-04-2019, 10:09.

Comment

I still like the opening scene of Alien as the hibernation pods open and the crew all wake up.

The scene in Aliens where the marines go into the reactor to find the colonists.

Comment

And of course the other scene in Aliens "We need to nuke it from orbit. Just to be sure." Then Burke calls Hicks "just a grunt".

Comment

Animal House - midterm grades with a bit of life coaching from Dean Wormer:

Comment

The shootout between The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Roy Battys final words on the rooftop in the rain in Blade Runner.

Officer Dixon throwing Red Welby out of the window in Three Billboards. Sam Rockwells walk is amazing.
                        Last edited by nmrfox; 27-04-2019, 13:42.

Comment

Slim Pickens rides off into the sunset in Dr Strangelove

Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 27-04-2019, 16:44.

Comment

The infamous shower scene from...High Anxiety:

I'm painfully aware that my contributions to this thread are definitely towards to low-brow end of the spectrum!

Comment

Also from Blade Runner...
                              ”Tortoise? What's that?
                              You know what a turtle is?
                              Of course
                              Same thing...”

Talladega Nights - The dinner table scene.

Comment

A slightly odd choice, but for me it's a scenes in the (underrated) A Life Less Ordinary. Ewan McGregor's character, now working in a diner, rejects heiress Cameron Diaz. Tony Shalhoub's wonderfully deadpan diner owner skewers him nicely:

Al: Nice-looking woman.

Robert: She isn't my type.

Al: What are you talking about? Look at yourself. You're nothing. You're nobody. You're wanted in connection with a violent crime. You're cleaning the floor of a diner. She is an intelligent, passionate, beautiful, rich woman. The issue of whether or not she's your type is not one that you're likely to have to resolve in this world... or, indeed, the next, since she will be going to some heaven for glamorous pussy, and you will be cleaning the floor of a diner in hell.

Robert: I guess so.

Al: So why are you even thinking about it?

A couple of other nice scenes in that film: McGregor keeps fucking up the call to Diaz's father (Ian Holm) to ransom her, so she does it for him; and the scene where dissolute angels Delroy Lindo and Holly Hunter try to reunite the pair with an unexpectedly lewd love poem.

Comment

I love a lot of the scenes in Sideways, but particularly like the golf scene

Comment

That’s a great film.

Comment

The end of Killing Them Softly, possibly Brad Pitt's finest screen moment.

Comment

That is one Brad Pitt movie I haven't seen (and now may not have to). The other guy in that scene (whose name isn't Barack Obama) is usually a sign of quality.

Forgot his name though.

Comment

My favourite scenes are generally when someone breaks the fourth wall. But unexpectedly, rather than "Ferris Bueller". Like Tim Curry in "Rocky Horror" when he is introduced to Brad & Janet, and says "how nice!" or something, straight to camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                            That is one Brad Pitt movie I haven't seen (and now may not have to). The other guy in that scene (whose name isn't Barack Obama) is usually a sign of quality.

Forgot his name though.

Richard Jenkins. I agree, an excellent character actor. It's a tight little movie, well worth seeing. Stupid title though, which did nothing to help it.

Comment

Jenkins is excellent in the pretty decent series Berlin Station.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                  The end of Killing Them Softly, possibly Brad Pitt's finest screen moment.

I’ve seen that, but totally forgot it.

”America is not a country. It’s a business.” Fuck that’s accurate.

Comment

Jimmy Cagney loses his lunch in White Heat.

Which also has the closing death scene to top all closing death scenes.

"Made it Ma! Top of the World!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X