Ian McShane (Not a Dead Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian McShane (Not a Dead Thread)

Michael McIntyre and Jack Whitehall, two of the unfunniest f**king people I’ve ever seen, are the most popular comics in England.”
    Got to love him for that really haven't you. And Deadwood.

Oh for Fuck's sake. I thought he was dead. Be careful for Christ's sake.

his dad 'discovered' Wes Brown among others. (ah mentioned in story)
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 10-03-2019, 13:48.

Comment

It sounds like he's either kept his mouth shut about some things in this interview or the PR person has been kicking the shite out of his shins when he strayed .

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        Oh for Fuck's sake. I thought he was dead. Be careful for Christ's sake.
        Seconded. I only discovered 'Deadwood' last month. He's a national treasure, isn't he?

Comment

...and how right he is. (About McIntyre and Whitehall, anyway.)

Echoing what others said about thinking he was dead.

Comment

Thanks for changing the title and apologies for anyone whose day I spoiled.

Comment

Who's seen Lovejoy. If you haven't you should.

Comment

He was in a few episodes of Ray Donovan a couple of seasons ago. Also in American Gods. He's everywhere.

Comment

He was in a whole season and was very good, as he is in the 'John Wick' movies.

I always remember him him in the Jackie Collins football film (honest!) 'Yesterday's Hero' ;

It featured real footage of the the 79 League Cup final between Nottingham Forest and Southampton cut together (badly) with footage of McShane and other cast members as 3rd Division team "The Saints" playing "Leicester Forest" in a Wembley Final.
                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-03-2019, 15:22.

Comment

Oh, here's the opening credits where McShane is down on his luck playing non-league, filmed at Maidenhead's York Road ;

Comment

You're never down on your luck at York Road.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                        It featured real footage of the the 79 League Cup final between Nottingham Forest and Southampton cut together (badly) with footage of McShane and other cast members as 3rd Division team "The Saints" playing "Leicester Forest" in a Wembley Final.
                        Thanks for dredging that up Ray. A film so dire that it made When Saturday Comes look almost half decent.

Comment

Looking at those credits I presume that means that John Motson and Jackie Collins have a Bacon Number of 1. As do Frank McLintock and Glynis Barber.

Comment

I quite enjoyed those credits, what a cast. McShane's team appear to actually be Maidenhead judging by the Magpie stripes.

I wonder if BB&F is familiar with this: muddy non-league ground in the late 70s, and a Brush 2 diesel on goods wagons up on the embankment.

I would have been at school half a mile up the road when that was filmed.

Comment

The stripes are blue and white, aren't they?

Comment

<watches again>

Hmmm yeah I s'pose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                  I quite enjoyed those credits, what a cast. McShane's team appear to actually be Maidenhead judging by the Magpie stripes.

I wonder if BB&F is familiar with this: muddy non-league ground in the late 70s, and a Brush 2 diesel on goods wagons up on the embankment.

I would have been at school half a mile up the road when that was filmed.
                                  Hmmm, I was at school about 25 miles away in the late 70s. I think I would've called it a Class 31 rather than a Brush 2 mind.... No doubt BB&F will put me right....

Comment

A bit more on the 'Yesterday's Hero' movie from one of the directors at Maidenhead. He says that the two teams playing in the opening credits are Maidenhead (red) and Windsor (stripes).
                                    York Road is no stranger to the silver screen with our FA Cup tie against Port Vale last November giving rise to memories of the early 1...

Comment

AH, I was wondering if the pitch had been saturated for the film and how long it would have been affected for. I'll have to look out for it on Talking Pictures, especially as the DVD appears to be up to £70 on Amazon.

I didn't know you were Maidenhead, VT - do you know the rest of the Welsh contingent there?

Comment

I'm not, I just found the link.

Comment

Ah, foxed by that "first line of text from a link" thing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X