No announcement yet.

This Time with Alan Partridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gibbons brothers have said there is another Partridge BBC project commissioned but it's not another series of 'This Time'.

Comment

Please let it be him hosting Monkey Tennis.

Comment

Isn't it going to be a 'History of Britain' type thing featuring the This Time occasional co-host character as the 'with Simon Schama' type.

Comment

Thought that some of this week's episode was a touch hit and miss but some of the hits were more laugh out loud than the rest of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            Same, I find myself singing the whole Martin Brennan medley all the time. I'm really hoping some acoustic troubadour does it on ehte festival circuit this year.
            Come Out You Black and Tans is now No.1 in the UK iTunes chart.

Comment

This to do with the Varadkar/RIC/Tans stramash?

Comment

Apparently so.

I like to think it is also in acknowledgment of Martin Brennan's medley being the absolute highpoint of 2019's TV.

Comment

Yep, I think of it regularly to perk me up

Comment

The new series has been excellent. In general and then the little things like his knees cracking.

Matt Smith was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

I've enjoyed the whole series but the SAS and cocktails items at the end of this week's show were highlights, really old school Partridge.

Comment

I'm enjoying it immensely. Nice to see Joe Beasley (and Cheeky Monkey) last week, and i'm sensing that Alan might be gorging on Tolberone and driving barefoot to Dundee again by end of the series.

Comment

Has it been heavier on actually showing the VTs this series?

​​​​​​I noticed the compromises made in being TV and showing backstage TV. Like starting scenes immediately after the ad counts 4.

I loved Alan's explanation of his movements after being tracked with the ankle tag.

Comment

Oh no, there were VTs in the first one.

I'd forgotten the antibiotic resistance chocolate gift metaphor.

Comment

I have just watched the first series on HBO over here in the US. It is amazing work, especially Alan's special roving reports and I can't wait for the second to show up here.

Comment

I've just rewatched the reenactment VT and it's amazing.

Comment

It follows Alan, so it only shows his VTs, but stays with him in the studio if it's someone else's report.

Comment

The most recent one I saw had Alan in prison, explaining the history of ITV franchises to a bemused group of young offenders, which made me laugh as it trod familiar ground to a thread on here.

Comment

Still consistently good.

I always enjoy Alan's jousting with Ruth Duggan and the awkward repartee with Simon.

His reaction to his inadvertent Jimmy Saville impression last week was a cracker.

Comment

Working...
                                      X