No announcement yet.

Oscars 2019 thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olivia Colman is a friend of a friend and (yes, I will mention this forever) had lunch with the two of us once. I was star struck then, and that was before Broadchurch, Night Manager et al. She is 100% as nice as she seems and absurdly down to earth given her talents.

Comment

Olivia Colman is great, but if I were querying dodgy choices of who was lead/supporting in the nominations it would probably be her and Emma Stone in The Favourite rather than Mahershala Ali/Viggo Mortensen in Green Book.

Comment

She deserves it alone for the fact it means there will be a Best Actress Oscar on a mantelpiece in Peckham.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
          On Bohemian Rhapsody, a couple of my students are really outraged it got nominated for editing- they showed me the sequence of the band signing up with new manager and the cutting is clumsy, with each member of the band getting a reaction shot each time. I know May and Taylor are behind the film but didnít realise that included any insistence everyone got a close up!
          That scene is shown and referenced here :

Bohemian Rhapsody editor wants to put a bag over his head when watching THAT scene

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
            Of the two Documentary Features I've seen, I really like Free Solo over RBG. The Ginsberg hagiography is fine, but it's a hagiography. Free Solo is brilliantly filmed, makes you actually kind of dislike Alex Honnold rather than just playing him as a hero, and gave me, at least, pains in my legs just watching some of the ridiculous moves he made on the climb.
            Saw Free Solo for the first time last night. That guy is both incredible and a complete lunatic at the same time. He appears to have absolutely no fear of death -not in a brave way, but actually an "If I die, I die" way. I guess some other extreme sports fanatics must have that same absence of giving a toss about themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X