Really bad sitcoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really bad sitcoms

Seven pages and no Keeping up Appearances?

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

Keeping Up Appearances is pretty good for what it is really; we're just not the target audience.

It's the equivalent of Alan Partridge for people like my Mum.

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

I think the central idea of KUA is quite good, and the performance of the main actress is great, but the stories are very thin.

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

Oh, Keeping Up Appearances is terrible. Roy Clarke rubbish for Middle England social fantasists. And a great waste of Patricia Routledge's talent. (And Geoffrey Hughes, for that matter).

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

I only like Keeping Up Appearances because it's filmed in Northampton and I like spotting places that I know in sitcoms.

It really is the perfect shithole location.

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

Hated Absolutely Fabulous too. Also hate Friends...ooh it's the one where Ross is wet and Chandler wise-cracks. I find that Benidorm is so bad that I actually quite like it.

New nomination...Porkpie anyone?

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

I can see how one might not like friends, but I can't see how the show qualifies for even a cursory mention on this thread.

I don't like Tom Waits much, but I would not bring him up on a thread called "Really bad music".

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

"I find that Benidorm is so bad that I actually quite like it."

How does that work then? People often say it but it never makes sense.

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

Re the Friends thing, appreciate and agree with the point made but as soon as Only Fools & Horses were mentioned in this thread that makes everything else fair game imho. It's always still on as well. I reckon you can find an episode of Friends being transmitted on some channel somewhere in the world at any time.

With "Benidorm being so bad I like it", I don't know how to explain it without there being gaping holes in my argument! I think it doesn't pretend to be any good like, say, My Family does so you can watch it without that level of irritation. The storylines are crap, lots of stereotypes and unimagintive characters, not an ounce of cleverness in the jokes - all these points make it really bad but it is because of the combination of these points, playing up to them and the simplicity of the Brits-abroad idea that make it quite watchable and raise the odd chuckle. I really don't expect anyone to agree but hey ho.

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

I'm on a very slow connection so I can't check but has Bottle Boys been mentioned? It's supposed to be really bad. I can't remember much except a clip from it about Mrs So and So having a problem with her tits. They kept pecking holes in the milk bottle tops.

Even that's preferable to "teams of writers" stuff.

Comment

Really bad sitcoms

PaxtonLee wrote:
                        Hated Absolutely Fabulous too.
                        Hurrah!

Comment

Working...
                        X