Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films with two best actor oscar winning leads that went straight to DVD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Films with two best actor oscar winning leads that went straight to DVD.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Tiptoes

full movie here.

How did this movie get made?

And Gary Oldman!
    just watched with the sound off- I haven’t a scoob what that’s about...

Comment

I think he's trying to win an oscar, but just winds up committing some kind of hate crime

Comment

Just throw Nicholas Cage, Cuba Gooding jnr,Marisa Tomei and Michael Caine when he needs a new house into Imdb and you'll probably come up with something.

Comment

Cuba Gooding Jr and Michael Caine only won best supporting actor oscars.

Comment

As did Marisa Tomei, always read the question first.

Comment

My god, my cousin Vinny was just offensively bad. She's been nominated for two other Best supporting actress oscars, so she's managed to knock out a decent enough career I suppose.

Comment

Good lord, that trailer's an utter shit fest. Do you realize how many people have to 'OK' a movie before it actually gets made?

Comment

I wonder what made these people take part in this movie? Did Oldman think that he was going to follow the Daniel day Lewis route to oscar gold.

Comment

In a few decades' time, history theses will be written about how Matthew McConaughey's career survived the 2000s (decade).

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                      How did this movie get made?
                      If in doubt, the answer is usually cocaine. Lots of cocaine.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                        Good lord, that trailer's an utter shit fest. Do you realize how many people have to 'OK' a movie before it actually gets made?
                        Ha, indeed. Many years ago on OTF I had a little rant on this subject after having witnessed the truly appalling 'The Sweetest Thing' starring the (possibly Oscar nominated) Cameron Diaz.

Comment

I suspect Forest Whitaker might turn up in this thread.

Comment

As OTF's Nicolas Cage correspondent, I can confirm that he (Leaving Las Vegas, 1995) co-starred with Nicole Kidman (The Hours, 2002) in 2011's Trespass. Directed by Joel Schumacher. Wealthy couple suffer home invasion etc. It had a $35m budget, and made $10m at the box office.

As Nic Cage has financial troubles and generally does not give a fuck, he says yes to absolutely everything, most of which goes straight to on-demand video (what's a DVD, grandad?).

There's a chance the trick could be repeated if Willem Dafoe wins next week, the two picked up a paycheck in Paul Schrader's horrific Dog Eat Dpg a while back.

Nic Cage's ability to keep a straight face in these awful films makes him the greatest living actor.

Comment

I'm not sure it went straight to DVD but I watched Chronicles of Riddick (aka Fast and Furious in Space) for the first time last night, and both Dame Judi Dench and Thandiwe Newton are in it (in equally preposterous roles). The latter's not yet won an Oscar but has got an Emmy and a Bafta, so it's probably only a matter of time.

Comment

It got a cinema release but it's one of those films that's completely outshone by its video game counterpart.

The most extreme case of this phenomenon is probably Ballistic: Ecks Vs Sever. A 0% on Rotten Tomatoes yet the two games it spawned for the Game Boy Advance got plenty of good reviews - eight and nine out of tens all over the place.
                                Last edited by 3 Colours Red; 11-12-2021, 12:20.

Comment

‘The Score’ didn’t go straight to dvd, and more than broke even after a couple of weeks of half decent box office after which it was pulled. However for a film
                                  that starred Oscar winners Robert de Niro and Marlon Brando as well as the nominated Ed Norton and Angela Bassett it’s a very mediocre and pretty hackneyed ‘one last job’ heist movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                                    I suspect Forest Whitaker might turn up in this thread.
                                    Battlefield Earth, I expect (not straight-to-DVD, but not far off). Where he co-starred with twice-nominated John Travolta.

Comment

Oh, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. Featuring Oscar winners Matthew McConaughey and Renée Zellweger .

Comment

Working...
                                      X