• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we done "Pointless"?

Rugby ref, no?

Comment

What Taylor said, only I have been up to much, and am still watching every episode. I logged into the office VPN so I could watch iPlayer in America. Fucking beat that for a sad obsession.

I think that fact about Richard Osman is brilliant.

Comment

Why at Last! wrote:
        Rugby ref, no?
        Ah. Sorry, missed the first couple of minutes.

Comment

A jackpot I'd have won today. Always nice.

Comment

I wouldn't, because I'd have said Almaty. Ahem.

Monday's jackpot however was insanely easy for anyone who's ever lived in London (and probably quite difficult for everyone else)

Comment

I've just given the Venetian Snares a listen. Well well well.

Comment

Shocking degree of smugness from both Armstrong and Osman over that mention of the Snares. Both of them have gone down in my estimation. Just a little.

Comment

To be honest, the guy concerned not only looked like he was trying far too hard, but also looked like he was a Little Britain reject character played by Matt Lucas.

Comment

Ooh I'm very glad [*spoiler*]Gordon Strachan won the guy from David Cronenberg's Wife and his mate all this money.[/*spoiler*] Lovely contestants, they were.

Comment

They're still showing the repeats - aren't they? There seems to be prolonged consternation on the Pointless threads of many message boards that the BBC aren't yet showing the newly-recorded series.

Comment

Yes I think they're showing season 4 at the moment, though as I only discovered the show thanks to this thread* it's all still new to me.

* many many thanks to WoE by the way, I shall be eternally grateful

Comment

Ah, buy us a pint and we'll call it quits.

I also enjoyed the thing that you enjoyed about yesterday's. Though I thought that was a terribly harsh way to drop out of Round 1, and I'm hoping that pair gets a less raw deal in tonight's repeat.

Comment

This could as easily have been on the cryptic crossword thread, but has anyone else been doing Richard Osman's capital city game (introduced via Twitter) this week?

I got 6 out of 6 yesterday, but haven't had a proper look at today's yet.

Comment

"even places like Fiji have one. What's with that?"

Gotta love him.

Comment

Have got all today's too now. Considerably easier than yesterday's, I thought, although maybe that's just because I'm getting into the Osman mindset.

Comment

Got yesterday's and today's--it took me a while to get the hang of it.

Comment

Woo hoo, I'm going to be in the audience for Pointless in the new year. Been ages since I went through the dismal chore of being part of a BBC studio audience. Look out for me, smiling or clapping at a completely different part of the show, edited in randomly.

Comment

Can't think of anything worse than being part of a TV audience. Did attempt to go to a Question Time last year, yet despite explaining the fact I had a broken foot, was still expected to stand for hours in a queue, then in a hall with no seats, only to find no space for me. Then after leaving the building by several flights of stairs, was told they'd found a seat for me. Told them where to shove. Spent a long career in live music and theatre, TV people are arseholes!

Comment

On last nights head to head the topic was "cities in Britain that start with "B". The first couple said "Bangor, in Northern Ireland", the second went for Bradford. The first couple won through to the final, but then Richard corrected them that it was actually in Wales! So they effectively got an incorrect answer and got through to the final where they won the prize. Think I'll apply for a job as a researcher, sounds like they need it!

Comment

There is a Bangor in Northern Ireland as well as one in Wales. The NI might not be a city, however.

Comment

Yes, apart from Belfast and Derry, only Armagh, Newry and Lisburn are cities in NI.

Comment

According to Who Dares Wins last night, apparently a tomato is a vegatable!!!

Comment

Squarewheelbike wrote:
                                                On last nights head to head the topic was "cities in Britain that start with "B". The first couple said "Bangor, in Northern Ireland", the second went for Bradford. The first couple won through to the final, but then Richard corrected them that it was actually in Wales! So they effectively got an incorrect answer and got through to the final where they won the prize. Think I'll apply for a job as a researcher, sounds like they need it!
                                                No, this is reasonable. If they'd just said "Bangor", they'd have got it, so they shouldn't be denied it for voluntarily supplying additional information that happened to be false.

And a tomato is indeed a vegetable, if the definition is "an edible part of a plant that isn't a sweet fruit or a seed".

Comment

They specifically said "Bangor, in Northern Ireland", which isn't a city. Bangor in Wales is, but they said Northern Ireland!

Comment

Is this the couple that got through to the final, where the jackpot category was '2012 Olympic venues outside the Olympic stadium'? Their answers were 'Horseguards parade' (correct, but thanks to last year's beach vollyball rehearsals, far too popular); 'Weymouth' (accepted as a correct answer but in fact the venue is Weymouth Bay - thankfully it was not pointless); and 'Coventry City football ground', which was pointless, but an incorrect answer - it's the Ricoh Arena now, but of course will be renamed the City of Coventry Stadium for the games.

Fortunately, they only won a grand.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X