Have we done "Pointless"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much disrespect to the 99 surveyees who didn't spot Kim Deal.

Comment

We've just caught up on the last few shows. My mother-in-law, who's not a football fan, mentioned last week that she'd got a pointless answer on a 90s Football final round question, so I felt a bit of pressure, until the questions came up and without hesitation I reeled off all 40 semi-finalists in order. Took me more than 60 seconds though. And then I went for one which was not pointless (Chesterfield).

Redeemed myself with Airdrieonians (pointless) and also went for Igor Stepanovs (incorrect) from the other category.

Comment

If you have an iPhone, there's a pretty good Pointless app just come out for £1.49. If you're on Facebook you can play against your friends.

Comment

I'm on a decent run of pointless answers in the final. Matty Fryatt, Bell Bottomed Tear, and Lounge Act. I wonder if they would've let someone say Territorial Pissings at teatime on BBC1; that was one of my three.

Comment

Saw what I thought was a repeat tonight, and a question about what sort of animal on Blue Peter was called "Fred" then "Freda"? The answer, "frog"! This led to four short planks of Geordie salad dodgers to get nowt in the final.

Comment

Anyone with a decent football knowledge would have cleaned up in today's "19th Century Football" final category - won't spoil it for any player viewers, but practically every FA Cup winner scored zero.

Comment

Today's final was a good one for any sports fan ( especially Scots)in their mid 40s onwards. Shan't spoil it for Iplayer watchers.

Comment

I thought this was going to be about richard Osman replying on Twitter to the people who were furious about Kelvin mcKenzie being on a celebrity edition. In essence he was fucking furious about it, found out just beforehand, and made his misgivings very clear to the programmes producers etc.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: I thought this was going to be about richard Osman replying on Twitter to the people who were furious about Kelvin mcKenzie being on a celebrity edition. In essence he was fucking furious about it, found out just beforehand, and made his misgivings very clear to the programmes producers etc.
                    Guy Potger's opened a thread on the football page about it. It's on page 2 there, it's an undeserved nil thread, but the link to the Echo site says it all, really.

Comment

Anyone with a decent football knowledge would have cleaned up in today's "19th Century Football" final category - won't spoil it for any player viewers, but practically every FA Cup winner scored zero.
                      Yes some surprises there. Mrs CS, who doesn't have a decent football knowledge, got one that none of the 100 did.

The music round in that day's show included one of the worst answers for a long time - at 7:20.

Comment

Paul Culloty wrote: Anyone with a decent football knowledge would have cleaned up in today's "19th Century Football" final category - won't spoil it for any player viewers, but practically every FA Cup winner scored zero.
                        'twas a friend of mine (and his wife) in the final. It was recorded nearly eight months ago - I mean I knew it wasn't live but a lead in time like that sort of rules out anything topical in the questions.

Comment

If I went on and they asked 'what would you want in the final?' It'd be either Jean-Luc Godard films or 1970s/80s Scottish football, so the one the other night when the jackpot question was 'members of the Scottish team v Holland in the '78 World Cup' had me and Ms Felicity fighting it out to get the most pointless answers. I won 5-3.

Comment

Did anyone see that celebrity episode earlier tonight? That was excruciatingly painful to watch, especially fucking Jimmy Bullard and that dick from the Apprentice pair. And how thick must they all be to allow two cunts from Made in Chelsea to get to the final?

Comment

I really miss 'Pointless'. Not because I am unable to access it, but because, there is no point in watching it, unless you are watching with someone who knows why you are punching the air, shouting, 'I KNEW IT WAS FUCKING KYRGYSTAN'.

Las Vegas is many things, but a home of general knowledge? Yes, and no.

Comment

Sean of the Shed wrote: And how thick must they all be to allow two cunts from Made in Chelsea to get to the final?
                                Yeah, going with Kenya as their best answer in the Beijing 2008 gold medal winning countries - how fucking sheltered have their lives been, you don't go with athletics if you want obscure answers in an Olympics round.

IIRC that was their best ever, they won SIX!

Comment

Is Pointless on a hiatus now?

Here we get episodes from the first season, when there were still five teams. And then there were some more recent episodes, but we don't get the new stuff on the BBC Entertainment channel (which shows QI, Pointless and never-ending Top Gear reruns).

I downloaded a bunch of episodes from this year, but have seen no new ones since November.

Comment

You can never be sure - they'll show weeks' or even months' worth of repeats and then they'll start putting new ones on seemingly out of nowhere.

Seeing as one of the main things about it is getting two chances at the jackpot, it doesn't half jar when you're expecting to see two or three of the same pairs you saw the previous day but instead it's an entirely new line-up save for one couple who were last on six weeks ago or more.

Comment

Yes, I've noticed that too. They could at least have the decency to give details in advance about what sequences of programmes they are going to be broadcasting from time to time.

Comment

G-Man wrote: Is Pointless on a hiatus now?

Here we get episodes from the first season, when there were still five teams. And then there were some more recent episodes, but we don't get the new stuff on the BBC Entertainment channel (which shows QI, Pointless and never-ending Top Gear reruns).

I downloaded a bunch of episodes from this year, but have seen no new ones since November.
                                        You don't have to download episodes to watch them. Just get the Tunnel Bear VPN, set it to the UK and go to the BBC iPlayer page.

Comment

Or watch it on YouTube.

Comment

We watch it as a family and don't have the kind of bandwidth capacity whereby you can watch stuff off the Internet without the probability of buffering.

Comment

I had a buffering problem when I connected my blu-ray player to the wifi, but I bought a long cable and attached it to my router and now it's smooth as silk. When I need to watch something on my laptop, I just unplug the cable from the blu-ray and plug it into the laptop.

For some reason, though, I had no buffering issues while watching Pointless on my newest laptop, which will only connect via wifi. I was glad, because I was expecting buffering.

What's up with laptops that don't have an ethernet port?

Comment

Top moment tonight on the FA Cup special, being asked to name a country beginning with various letters, Lawro came up with A for Alaska, then seemed genuinely stunned when it was wrong!

Comment

The spiritual cousin of the maths teacher who thought Mexico was a US state.

Comment

One of today's contestants wearing jeans so eye-wateringly tight that your average Eighties footballer would wince.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X