The Borgias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Borgias

Is anyone else avidly watching this hugely entertaining pile of scenery-chewing tosh? I don't know much about the Borgias but I suspect the whole thing is as historically accurate as The Tudors. I eagerly await part 3 this weekend and demand at least one sex scene of any sexual orientation and three gruesome murders.

And that assassin has the largest pair of nostrils I've seen on any human being.

The Borgias

The ads alone were enough to put me off. Exactly how many different accents can you count?

Comment

The Borgias

Yeah, the younger Borgia son has the most obnoxious English accent that sounds nothing like that of his parents or siblings.

I was mildly entertained for the first couple of episodes, then became bored, and finally annoyed with the trite dialogue and mostly dreadful acting.

And if you think him from The Tudors looked nothing like Henry VIII, Jeremy Irons is like a polar opposite of old Alexander VI, a very fat chap with a huge crooked nose and fleshy lips.

Comment

The Borgias

Yes, well once one discounts historical accuracy and settles down to a right old fashioned sex-and-murder-fest, it's great to watch Irons hamming it up. I've only seen the first two episodes, mind, but I thought they were good fun.

Comment

The Borgias

Beginning to end I thought it was quite splendid, especially after Charles of France appears, some wonderful OTT moments with His Holiness. I'm looking forward to next season with relish.

Comment

The Borgias

Sorry, but I, Claudius cornered the market in Tits, Politics And Blood and nothing has ever come close since.

Comment

The Borgias

Tits, Politics and Blood? You looking forward to the the Republican Part Convention Ian?

Comment

The Borgias

"One family's struggle to speak in the same accent."
                (c Not the Nine o'Clock News, 1982.)

Comment

Working...
                X