Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winnie the Pooh - 2011

Winnie the Pooh - 2011
    Starring - Honey addicts, clinically depressed donkeys, crackhead tigers, and John Cleese

The world of Winnie the Pooh certainly deserves a close inspection a la the Thomas the Tank Engine thread on world. I suppose it's saying not to trust the smart old owl, because if the well-spoken leader of your society fucks something up, everyone ends up in a pit. Or it's saying that ignorance and imagination without mental rigor can lead one to make horrible decisions. And the character of Kanga, is that the most feminist-friendly character in animation or the most anti-feminist ?

Whatever it's trying to say, this version of Pooh is great for kids and adults. It was the perfect 1st movie to take a toddler to, and there were plenty of jokes that were outstanding for adults. There's a scene dealing with "nots" and "knots" that is as brilliant as Abbott & Costello's "Who's On First," and some great jokes for parents (such as the evil monster who wakes babies up at 1 and 3 in the morning.)

Eeyore is as depressingly brilliantly bitter and depressed as ever, and is given an outstanding scene with Tigger. Piglet and Pooh have an outstanding comedic scene, and it's all a great little movie (thankfully only 62 minutes long) that's a blast to watch.

Winnie the Pooh - 2011

I didn't see it, though I wanted to--the grandparents needed something to do with my daughter between the end of preschool and the start of her summer camp. They really enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
    X