The Separation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Separation

Went to see this Iranian film this evening and though it was excellent. Surprising, moving beautifully directed, and an extraordinary insight into a world we know far too little about.

The Separation

Sounds interesting Nef, thanks for sharing.

Comment

The Separation

Nefertiti And Diggedy Derek - A
      Separation

Comment

The Separation

I wish i'd seen your thread, Derek and I endorse everything you say- except that there is music right at the very end just before the credits come in.

It had immense moral complexity and a very beautiful rhythm in the editing one cut to the bar football game stood out for me- and when the film was over it seemed to be a brilliant piece of cineam to indocate a turning point in the narrative unknowable at the time.

I found myself thinking about how the film might have been if made in Britain, if Leigh or Loach had got their predictable hands on it. And was so glad that the performances the writing and the directing meant that instead of easy answers and laughable stereotypes we were given something so challenging and vastly moving.

incidentally it did win several prizes in berlin and has reviews in Variety and the Hollywood Reporter

Comment

Working...
        X