Hamill or Harrison ? the Harry Potter actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1bn dollars, the last film has taken so far. And it's not even out on DVD yet.

Clearly the main protagonists could all sod off to the south of France and spend the rest of their lives seeing if it is possible to spend £20m on parties, booze, drugs and prostitutes in one lifetime.

But assuming they don't, and want to carry on acting, who do you think will most easily be able to shake off the role that will hang around their necks like an albatross, when taking on new projects? And who, like Mark Hamill (and to a similar degree Carrie Fisher, Christopher Reeve or Julie Andrews), simply never will, and will never feature again because audiences will always associate them with their most famous character?

When he's fat, old and bald or grey, Daniel Radcliffe will always be known as Harry Potter or the boy wizard, and Weasley won't fare much better.

Comment

Hang on: Julie Andrews who got four Golden Globe nominations, an actual Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination, after The Sound Of Music?

Comment

And who I think of as Mary Poppins rather than whatever her character is called in the Sound of Music (something I cannot currently remember, bizarrely).
        Bad example.

Comment

who knows?

I think that Radcliffe might be a keeper. He has certainly learned a bit, and the others sort of seem to be hanging on for the cash.

Although I hear the lady who played Mrs McGonagall is pretty good.

Comment

I'd agree with Gero on Radcliffe. The few non-Potter things I've seen from him he seems to have his head screwed on and to actually be able to act. And this is one of my favourite bits ever on Extras.

Comment

Which is odd, because he's rubbish in Potter.

Comment

Working...
              X