Demolition Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demolition Man

It's just started on TCM. It's an appalling film. Snipes was completely OTT and camped it up to the hilt. Stallone was frozen solid, and this was the least wooden part of his performance. Denis Leary was allowed to do his stand up routine. Sandra Bullock was annoying and twee and as crap as always. Nigel Hawthorne just didn't belong there.
    To cap it all, Sting did the fucking soundtrack. Murder death kill. What utter tosh.
    Oh, and what was all that shit with the seashells for wiping your arse? Surely there were loads of copies of Demolition Man in the 2032 charity shops they could have used?

Demolition Man

you'd wipe your arse with a vhs tape?

Not even bear Grylls would do that.

Comment

Demolition Man

As shit films go, though, it's awesome.

Comment

Demolition Man

It's a great film, for its type.

Comment

Demolition Man

I've always fondly remembered the laboured but strangely great action hero catchphrase moment when Sly responds to the futurespeak pleasantry 'Be well.' with the Wildean 'Be fucked.'

Is Wesley Snipes in jail at the moment?

Comment

Demolition Man

benjm wrote:
            Is Wesley Snipes in jail at the moment?
            Yep, and he had an appeal that was recently rejected. He's supposed to be in to at least 2013.

Comment

Demolition Man

That's a shame, even though he did seem to be the architect of his own downfall.

When he was on his game he could lift the watchability of a second/third rank actioner way more than, say, the leaden Seagal.

Comment

Demolition Man

Demolition Man? A four-pack film. Get the beers in and you can enjoy its hokey goodness, unleavened by concerns of subtlety or sense. And Benjm is right about Snipes - he was a formidable presence until a hokey run of action flicks and subsequent jail time put the kibosh on all that.

Seagal is crap isn't he? He doesn't so much assert any appeal on film as simply point his body towards someone and hiss his lines. If he gets any bulkier he'll pass for a wardrobe with hair.

Comment

Demolition Man

One of Channel 5's digital backwaters seems to pretty much rely on Seagal as its USP.

Doesn't appeal to me, but the owner has extensive experience of identifying niche markets and assessing how little you can fob off on an audience who are unlikely to publicly complain, so he probably knows what he's doing.

Comment

Demolition Man

Snipes. Passenger 57. That is all you need to know.

Comment

Demolition Man

"Always bet on black."

Comment

Demolition Man

All of you cunts badmouthing my Steven had better watch out. I'm gonna come around your house and beat you up in slow motion, and we will speed it up later in post production.

Comment

Demolition Man

Yeah, and bring your supermarket-sized love-handles with yer, Chunky!

Comment

Demolition Man

I like to think of myself as flowing and organically sculpted, like a stone taken from a river bed like one in the zen garden I have on my apartment balcony.

Comment

Demolition Man

Possible poster blurbs for future Seagal releases:

One man. Many enemies. Four quarterpounders.

Steven Seagal in another thrill-ride to leave you breathless! Bit like him after climbing a flight of stairs!

They killed his wife. They killed his best friend. Once he gets out of KFC, he'll kill them all.

The good news: they seized a supertanker. The bad news: now they'll meet a guy who looks like one.

Comment

Demolition Man

Do not cross the army of Steven.

Millions of individuals form one solid, impregnable whole. Much like the great man's hair.

Comment

Demolition Man

Just after he'd eaten his 30th Bounty....they put one on his head!

Some roll with the punches - he punches with his rolls!

A gunman wired to a bomb....innocent hostages trapped in a Chinese restaurant with the best all-you-can-eat-buffet in town...HE COULD NOT BE STOPPED!

Comment

Demolition Man

I'm sorry, but I can't keep this up. that 30 bounty gag is just too much.

(Which obviously isn't something that the great man would say.)

Comment

Demolition Man

Snipes will forever be on my all time hero list for "Blade." even Blade 2 couldn't ruin that for me.

Comment

Demolition Man

How about Blade Trinity?

Comment

Demolition Man

Great film. Great pinball machine too.

Comment

Working...
                                          X