TOTP on BBC4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOTP on BBC4

This Judas Priest appearance is bracing - and straight into Happy House afterwards. Good episode.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

John Foxx, Detroit Spinners - this is what we wade through the crap for.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Fantastic spot from the Jam (recorded from last week?). Weller looking so young, and ready to do stuff in the kitchen as well. Still love him, even though he's been as dull as batshit for getting on for a quarter of a century.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Was thinking WTF at Powell's voluminous leather trousers, till he introduced Judas Priest, who appeared to have signed Tim Brooke Taylor on a free transfer from the Goodies and put him straight in as lead singer!

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Not TOTP, but BBC 4 is screening a load of "Banned by the BBC" songs. A very eclectic mix from down the years.

Whatever else George Michael wants, it isn't the lingerie clad young lady in the video. Those weren't the days...

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Ooh, Tom Robinson.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

That made me smile somewhat. I mean, as holy grails go...

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Since they showed footage of Blondie performing Atomic, deemed inappropriate for airplay during the first Gulf War, here's the complete list of the 67 songs banned for that reason.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Jah Womble wrote:
                    That made me smile somewhat. I mean, as holy grails go...
                    I do like both but, yes, three years plus of TOTP repeats has left me with lowered expectations and an increased tendency to take drink before hitting the iplayer.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Squarewheelbike wrote: Was thinking WTF at Powell's voluminous leather trousers, till he introduced Judas Priest, who appeared to have signed Tim Brooke Taylor on a free transfer from the Goodies and put him straight in as lead singer!
                      I remember that from the time. Halford had obviously been leaned on to grow his hair by the fan-base, but when he did it only lasted (I think) for this one song because of the TB-T look-a-like thing...

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Since they showed footage of Blondie performing Atomic, deemed inappropriate for airplay during the first Gulf War, here's the complete list of the 67 songs banned for that reason.

without the studio production that sounded uncomfortably like one of those Shreds videos.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Another interesting one tonight. Left me wondering like back in the day, why long hairs like Saxon who wore very tight trousers appeared to have the genitalia of Action Man?

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Outstanding oddness from Kate Bush with Breathing this week.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Gripping performance of Geno by Dexy's managed to leave the studio audience utterly unmoved.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Whitesnake. Saxon. Tommy Vance. Let's rock!

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Quite an episode this week, Human League does Gary Glitter, Peter Powell's jump suit, Legs & Co in virtually nowt and Preludes "Platinum Blonde"! The latter is still stuck in my head!

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

A good'un, wasn't it.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Legs & Co's take on. "Suicide is Painless" disturbing, very disturbing!

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

That wasn't good.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Squarewheelbike wrote: Quite an episode this week, Human League does Gary Glitter, Peter Powell's jump suit, Legs & Co in virtually nowt and Preludes "Platinum Blonde"! The latter is still stuck in my head!
                                          Quite an odd episode too:

1: DEXY'S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS - Geno 
                                          2: JOHNNY LOGAN - What's Another Year 
                                          9: HOT CHOCOLATE - No Doubt About It (credits)
                                          10: THE UNDERTONES - My Perfect Cousin
                                          23: COCKNEY REJECTS - The Greatest Cockney Ripoff 
                                          25: MICHAEL JACKSON - She's Out Of My Life 
                                          27: RUTS - Staring At The Rude Boys 
                                          28: AVERAGE WHITE BAND - Let's Go Round Again (legs & co)
                                          30: MYSTIC MERLIN - Just Can't Give You Up (charts)
                                          51: PRELUDE - Platinum Blonde 
                                          53: ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK - Messages 
                                          63: BONEY M - My Friend Jack 
                                          67: MATCHBOX - Midnite Dynamos 
                                          72: HUMAN LEAGUE - Holiday 80 EP 
                                          73: JONA LEWIE - You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties 

The bottom end of the charts was skewed with half a dozen Jam reissues, but The Cure (32), Crown Heights Affair (35) The Four Bucketeers (36 - Tiswas), Junior Murvin (39), Don McLean (41), MASH (42), James Last (48), Squeeze (52), Peter Gabriel (58), Jermaine Jackson (61) and the Detroit Spinners (69) were all overlooked in favour of a Boney M track that had climbed just one place, and a Human League one that had climed from 75 to 72. Hot Chocolate had also been played in full the week before, and Johnny Logan had played over the credits.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

I think that The Cure had been on with A Forest the week before, or were due to be shown the week after?

...Preludes "Platinum Blonde"! The latter is still stuck in my head!
                                            I was always more an 'After the Goldrush' man myself.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Jesus, Legs & Co's Funkin' For Jamaica spot defies description.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

Benjm wrote: Jesus, Legs & Co's Funkin' For Jamaica spot defies description.
                                                Oh go on, try. It'll be a creative writing exercise for you and informative for those (like me) who haven't seen it.

Dance in radio form... tough gig.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

I watched it on YouTube. Given the song, I was mildly disappointed they weren't in Bisto and dread-wigs.

Comment

TOTP on BBC4

A strange episode all round, not sure what Elton John was on, but could make a good guess!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X