No announcement yet.

TOTP on BBC4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were indeed, the TOTP Facts Twitter feed mentioned it.

Comment

Apart from the retro kitsch of Opposites Attract, fairly forgettable fare tonight so far, although The Cure immediately raise the bar.

Comment

Then the following week the Cure drop four places, people are weird.

Comment

I don't mind some of Madonna's stuff, but Vogue is awful and it seems to be number 1 for ever.

Googling Paula Abdul's career, I didn't realise she was so huge in the USA , 6 number ones, three of which tanked in the UK, and three were big hits.

I was going to be nasty about Pat and Mick, until I found out that all their singles were for children's charities so they get a pass.

Comment

Don't worry, it's not number one next week. Mystic Mayo got his prediction of a future chart topper right for once.

Comment

'November Spawned A Monster' is a very dark record for TOTP and I'm not sure that Morrissey is expressing sympathy for the subject of disability in light of his subsequent politics. He could infact be saying that disabled children are incapable of receiving love, which is an extremely sick POV but not untypical of whom we now know Morrissey to be.

Paula Abdul was a judge on 'American Idol' from 2000-2009, and tended to deliberately play good cop to Cowell's nasty one.

Comment

That Bruce Dickinson song really rips off "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey.

Comment

^Why the hell that pile of old cobblers was played two weeks in a row, God alone knows.

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Googling Paula Abdul's career, I didn't realise she was so huge in the USA , 6 number ones, three of which tanked in the UK, and three were big hits.
                  Paul Abdul was absolutely massive in the US - in terms of female artists, at that time she was outselling Madonna, Whitney and Janet Jackson, for whom she’d previously worked as choreographer. (If memory serves, those six number ones were pretty much consecutive.)

It should be added that Janet J then turned up with Rhythm Nation and reclaimed the throne - until Mariah Carey came along and somehow blew them all out of the water. (Yes, I know.)

Comment

Working...
                  X