All hail STV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All hail STV

They've put a load of old drama on youtube.

YATR will be as delighted as me that this includes Budgie spin-off,Charles Endell Esquire, the show with the worst theme tune ever. If you thought Waterman was bad singing themetunes of shows he's in, you haven't heard Iain Cuthbertson.

http://www.youtube.com/show/charlesendellesquire

All hail STV

Good God, A Very British Coup (not STV)

is available on youtube too

Comment

All hail STV

Charles Endell Esquire was good, but not a patch on Budgie. Shame really as it had great potential.

As a sucker for TV nostalgia, I marvelled at this channel;

http://www.youtube.com/user/BORDERFILMARCHIVE

The Going Up film is splendid, if only for the evolution of John Gorman's tache...

Comment

All hail STV

ooh good.

Budgie was indeed very good when it was good. It could be incredibly slow though- have you seen the B&W episode about a hotel? It must have been directed by Chris Tavare.

On the theme of regional TV, I've always wondered what Puffin's Pla(ice) on Channel TV looked like.

It looked like this in 2002:

Similarly, Westward/TSW had something called Gus Honeybun, which never got shown in Central. This is what it looked like in about 1930. I had no idea they had colour TV then. Chris Tavare was directing this too.

Comment

All hail STV

A good word for the Scotch from Tubby, never thought I'd see the day.

During the world cup the STV live stream of games was much better than the main ITV one, so nuff respect from me as well.

Comment

All hail STV

It's only the bloke who went on about inventing the world I don't like. And the SNP. And Neil Oliver.

Poor Tony Osoba plays "our dark complexioned friend". He must have been called that in every role he had until about 2005. I remember him getting accused of having a chip on his shoulder in The Professionals.

Comment

Working...
            X