Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Er Liquidatore's Rome Film Blog On The Quietus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I only have to recruit Lyra to write about films and Toro to do his history of western philosophy explained through the medium of Kung Fu films and my site will be on its way somewhere.

El Tel nearly gets crushed on the red carpet, slates Tron Legacy but loves Dog Sweat.

Eh, I'm still completely stoked to see the new Tron.

Comment

Seriously mate, don't bother.

Comment

It was my favorite film as a kid. It's deeply embedded into my psyche. I can't not see it. It's just not an option.

Besides, it looks totally bad-ass. Perhaps I'm just able to tap into my inner ten-year-old in a way most people don't. I enjoyed the Transformers films, Iron Man 2, and even that GI Joe film, which were, by any normal critical criteria, total shit.

We just aren't a good match aesthetically. We couldn't come to accord on the color of socks and now this. But at least we can discuss it civilly.

Dog Sweat looks really good too, mind. I'll look for that on netflix at some point.

Comment

I'm just looking out for you big fella, you're set to be disappointed.

Comment

Wait, you only saw a short preview, and not the whole film, right?

Every guy my age I know is super geeked to see Tron. So is my dad. I don't know if it will have much appeal to younger people, though. Someone I follow on Twitter saw a preview of some scenes as well, and said he thought it was good technically and visually, but he didn't care about the story and gave up when he tried to watch the original film afterwards.

Comment

I'm just looking out for you big fella, you're set to be disappointed.
              Yeah, probably. But it's got Olivia Wilde in it, so I've got that to fall back on, if nothing else.

Comment

Carcass honestly, any time, I'd love to, you know that

Comment

So it all finished yesterday, and the big winners were all films I didn't see. part from Dog Sweat,which was given some special award from the President of the Republic

Comment

And part two about Bhutto and We Want Sex

Comment

I'm going to repeat it here just in case: the line in which John thinks I'm being anti-union is supposed to be read in a sarky manner, form teh point of view of those who might be watching the film, and is very much not my opinion on the matter at all.

If it comes across that way then that's a failure of my writing, but it wasn't intended ot be thus.

Comment

Working...
                      X