True Sh*t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Sh*t

They obviously didn't learn their lesson from the ludicrous and widely panned re-make of The Ladykillers; the Coen Bros have re-done True Grit.

Some thoughts:

- If the original was good enough to be re-done, then it was probably good enough to be left alone.

- Are the Coens now so bereft of ideas that they need to do this kind of thing.

- Do they have to produce a carbon copy of the original (it seems so, from the preview). It smacks of pure laziness - cf Gus Van Sant's appalling Psycho.

Basically, I've fallen out of love with the Coen Bros, I think.

True Sh*t

Is this the one with Nicolas Cage as John Wayne? Oh for fuck sake.

Comment

True Sh*t

ah, NO. it is Jeff Bridges.

well, that changes everything.

I suspect that this might be a very good film...

Comment

True Sh*t

In fact, with Josh Brolin, and Matt Damon in it, I would go so far as to say, this looks rather excellent.

(No idea what I was thinking about with Nicolas Cage... is he in a bad remake, anytime soon?)

Comment

True Sh*t

I trust 'em.

Comment

True Sh*t

Matt Damon!? As Glenn Campbell!?

Oh, woe.

Comment

True Sh*t

HAHAHAHAHA

Now, dissipate.

Comment

True Sh*t

See: I didnt even know that Glenn Campbell was in the original. I am CERTAIN I have seen it (or possibly mixing it up with 'Katie Elder', but its a western, and they are usually all the same), so (whats the word, meaning 'of your time'?) actors, in a lauded film, doing the same thing in a way that will not be as wooden as a Sequoia? hmm... whats not to like.

(Contemporary is what I meant)

Comment

True Sh*t

Hmmm ... slightly wooden acting because it was of its time? ... Let me think ... I know!

Casablanca! ... now starring Clive Owen and Gwyneth Paltrow, with Robbie Coltrane as the Sydney Greenstreet character.

It's all bollix ... use your own ideas you tw*tz! You've got them coming out of your ears, after all!

Comment

True Sh*t

Erwin: I am not having a go at what you are saying, I am just disagreeing with it.

I am a film fan, and I agree with 'leave well alone' as you mentioned with the risible 'Psycho'.

But, I really like the idea of this, the more I think about it...

As to your example of 'Casablanca', for shame, I have still never seen it in the original. I know. The mister SLATED me about that.

Although I would actually suggest that George Clooney plays the Humph, Cate Blanchett plays 'la Bergman', and Claude Rains is played by Jean Reno. Sorted.

*Claude Raines?

Comment

True Sh*t

and now that you mention it, yes, wooden acting, PRECISELY because it was of its time.

We get, whether we want it or not, realistic acting. Everything progresses (for better or worse) so what makes acting immune?

Comment

True Sh*t

I'm not having a go at you either, Gerontophile ... it's just that "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

1) True Grit the original is a decent film.

2) The Coens really don't need to do this.

If they wanted to make a standard western (and that's a worthy aim), they could easily write something original. EASILY!

I'm angry that the original is going to be devalued, and that the brothers are just being lazy c*ntz.

I'm off to bed, see if I can calm down.

Comment

True Sh*t

Fair enough erwin.

I understand your thoughts on the 'originality, leave it the fuck alone' thing, but I disagree about the acting ability of now, and then.

There are some films you shouldn't touch, ever. I will go look this up, but I suspect, that if it is the same one, that even though Mr Wayne was pretty fucking special in it, it is not an 'untouchable' film... and also, the Coens may know exactly what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                          X