Norman Wisdom is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norman Wisdom is dead.

Just in case you hadn't all spotted that.

I thought I'd point it out.

Vale!

Norman Wisdom is dead.

Expect a day of national mourning in Albania.

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

He was big in Romania too.

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

Ah, the one year we had no death pool.

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

I remember my dad making me watch a couple of these movies when I was a child. I thought this humour was childish when I was six years old. God Only knows what I'd make of it now.

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

You'd probably think it was okay.

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

I believe the correct thread title under the circumstances is "Mister Grimreaper!"

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

Or 'The Square Peg in a Big Hole'.

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

Norman Wisdom is dead.
                  No, he isn't.

He lives on in his art. Art? Yes.

Why, apparently just because he's British, can't NW be seen as a great artist? France has its Mr Hulot (Tati), the US has its Buster Keaton. Take a look at this and tell me that it isn't up there with those.

"Got a bit of a limp, haven't you?"

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

I could always take him or leave him when I was a kid, but he did have his moments.

I just watched an episode of a TV Documentary called 'Wonderland' which showed Normen in his 90s and living on the Isle Of Man. He was still a showman, loving to play to any audience he could find.

All he eneeded was to be driven around for a couple of hours every day and to have an icecream down on the front.

His family agonised over putting him in an old folks home as he was starting to have falls and episodes and the doctors said he needed professional help 24/7. They ended up doing that but he seemed to like it as he had a captive audience.

He came across as a lovely old bloke.

Comment

Norman Wisdom is dead.

I met Norman in Albania in 2001. He was out there for the Albania-England game and appeared on the pitch doing his usual stumbling routine. Even the riot police stopped scowling and joined in the laughter.

I chatted to him in the departure lounge at Tirana airport a couple of days later. He was fascinated that I had to been to Albania when it had still been under communist rule. He was very unassuming and was happy to talk to anyone and everyone, a real gent of the old school.

Comment

Working...
                      X