Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost

I did post about season 4, epsiode 10 but nobody else bothered to post. So, WHAT AN AMAZING EPISODE EH!!!!!

Lost

eh? i thought we were only upto episode 8.

Comment

Lost

The Desmond episode's been the best so far. Any ideas how long this "short break" will be?

Phew, first post done and dusted.

Comment

Lost

yes, it was episode 8. sorry

epsiode 9 scheduled for april 24th. not too long to wait

Comment

Lost

anyway, its back baby!

last nights episode brodcast in the US is meant to be the best ever.

I am going home to download it

Comment

Lost

I wouldn't say it's the best ever (some action that actually plays like comedy), but it was pretty damn good. This show seems to have been completely freed up by the knowledge that it has a fixed end point (2010). With very few exceptions, it has been excellent since the last six or seven episodes last year.

Comment

Lost

I gave up halfway through series two (or was it three? What was the first one on Sky over here?), my dependency broken by a faulty Sky+ box.

What's happened since then? A brief summary please.

Comment

Lost

****************SEASON 4 TO DATE SPOILERS********

What's happened since then? A brief summary please.
                I'm not sure a brief, useful summary is possible. But here are links to summaries for season 2 and season 3. As for season 4, Charles Widmore (Desmond's girlfriend's father) and Ben (the main Other) are revealed to be locked in some sort of battle for the island. Widmore sends a freighter to the island. Half of the castaways think they are there to rescue them, half think they are there to attack. We see that in the future, 6 castaways get off the island (Jack, Kate, Sayid, baby Aaron, Hurley and sun). There seems to be some sort of time traveling thing going on. Lots of redshirt-types die, as well as Rousseau and her daughter Alex. Michael comes back as Ben's spy on the freighter. . .actually, brief summaries don't work well. Here's a link to reviews of each of this season's episodes, in reverse chronological order.

Comment

Lost

spolier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said as early as season 2 john locke was going to be 'the key'

its getting a bit odd, waking up in tunisia, dead people coming to life, christian reappearing (and being the main man) and moving the island

who is that guy who never ages?

Comment

Lost

anybody else still up to speed on this?

Comment

Lost

Me, me, me. I don't know when the show airs over there, though, so I've been keeping quiet. But I'm still holding the theory that the key to it all is Hurley, that it's all in his mind at the mental hospital.

Comment

Lost

I'm up to date. It's definitely a bit what the fuck, but the finale should be good fun.

Comment

Lost

just seen the one where they get rescued in a flash forward, find the oracle (or whatever its called)ben gives himself up and in star wars style jack finds out he has a sister that he knows

not a bad idea re hurley, but they would get slated for that. one guys imagination in a mental hospital.

cant see them dragging this on for 2 more seasons

Comment

Lost

not a bad idea re hurley, but they would get slated for that. one guys imagination in a mental hospital.
                            It is a good idea, but I don't think they could do that after St. Elsewhere, one of the biggest shows in the 80s, went that route.

I've actually thought this season has been excellent, and find myself actually irritated that there's not an episode on tonight.

Comment

Lost

Gyuri: Newhart, too.

But one thing that really reinforces my belief in my theory was the flash-forward scene where Sun confronts her father and tells him that she's just bought his company. That just seemed like something out of Dynasty, so I wondered if it wasn't something that someone had absorbed from, say, watching a Korean soap opera.

Comment

Lost

Coffy,

It really did seem like something out of Dynasty, and was completely ridiculous. For example, how would she have enough money to buy a controlling share in her father's huge company? No way she could get it for less than $500 million. Also, how would she manage to get a controlling share without her father knowing? One would assume he previously had the controlling share if it was privately held, and if it was publicly held, I have to assume that Korea (like most other modern economies) has some proxy and/or notice requirements.

Completely implausible, but, too awesome to bother me a bit.

Comment

Lost

Probably bought it using the name of a shell corporation.

Anyway final episode was very good. Only two more series to go, before we find out what the fuck that smoke monster is!

Comment

Lost

Good season ender. Several loose ends to clear up in the last season, though.

Comment

Lost

so, ben really did move the island then

Comment

Lost

season 5 sounds like its going to be hard to follow, although keeping hold of the whooshing guy is important

TV's Lost audience 'will be lost'
                                        Matthew Fox
                                        Matthew Fox has been a star of Lost since the first series

Viewers of the fifth series of Lost will not know where or when the action is set, the show's producers have said.

Talking at arts and comic book convention Comic-Con, they revealed they would play around with the show's flash-back and flash-forward formula.

Executive producer Carlton Cuse said: "We have something new this year. We're going to mix it up."

Lost, which centres on a group of plane crash survivors, won a Golden Globe for best drama series in 2006.

Executive producer Damon Lindelof said "the flash-forwards were a bit limiting" during the last series of the programme, as they could only show a group of six survivors who the audience already knew had escaped the crash site.

"We could only focus on the Oceanic Six because we didn't want to reveal certain things - like Desmond getting off the island," he said.

"When season five starts, you won't know when or where you are. And the way we tell stories will be different too."

You will be rewarded for hanging on all the way to end of series six
                                        Executive producer Damon Lindelof

"Also we have the guy who makes the whooshing sound for us and we would not want to put him out of work."

US network ABC has allowed the producers to set an expiration date for the show, which will draw to a close after the sixth series.

Cuse said: "For us it was a huge advantage to get an end date to the show and that really allowed us to turn a corner.

"We knew exactly how much story we had left. It really invigorated series four and it's been very exciting as we plan series five now."

Lindelof told the 6,500 assembled fans: "You will be rewarded for hanging on all the way to end of series six. We think that we have a lot of cool stuff from here on out."

Lost has just been nominated for an Emmy for outstanding drama series, ahead of the award show in 21 September.

Comment

Working...
                                        X