Give it a break, George.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give it a break, George.

Lucas determined to wring every last midichlorian of genuine enjoyment out of the Star Wars franchise

Give it a break, George.

Oh, he did that with the prequels.

Comment

Give it a break, George.

2015: George decides the franchise will be improved by digitally revoicing several key characters. The new version will star Justin Biber as the voice of Luke Skywalker, while Darth Vader will be voiced by the late Terry Scott

2020: George reimagines all six films in the style of Japanese Kabuki theatre.

2025: George reshoots all six episodes with a Super-8 camera using Playmobile characters

Comment

Give it a break, George.

I actually question the use of 3D on the Star Wars movies based on the behaviour of Star Wars fans turning up for prequel trailers first time around wearing character costumes and Wal-Mart lightsabres. The hospital wards may yet be filled with legions of SW geeks with wounds sustained by having plastic lightsabres slammed in their faces due to their fellow audience members swinging them too enthusiastically during action sequences.

Comment

Give it a break, George.

I wonder how generous he will be with 'bonus' footage? There's bound to be eight and a half seconds of AT-AT bearing down on the camera in The Empire Strikes Back, to lure in lightweight fans who think they've seen it all.

Comment

Give it a break, George.

I was completely stumped when publicity photographs for the prequels showed the principal members of the cast standing in front of green screens that had yet to have digital background effects filled in. It was a bit like promoting a rock album by just playing a piano riff. "Yeah, but just wait until we play the rest of the instruments!"

Comment

Give it a break, George.

The most pointless exercise in film, ever.

To paraphrase a heroine of mine: "George... dont do that"

Comment

Give it a break, George.

He's only doing what every other content owner does when a new technology or "delivery platform" makes its way into the mainstream.

I just wish the tekco's would give it a rest. No sooner than Hi-Def TV comes out, they're now pushing 3D Hi-Def TV. Next will be Super Hi-Def 3D, then hard on its heels will be HoloVision Then when they've wrung every dollar from that it'll be Super 360 HoloVision... ad nauseum

Comment

Give it a break, George.

I agree completely and would stretch it out to include radios and other music-playing devices. There's so much of a hurry to bring out one technological advance after another that the people who are meant to buy this stuff are put into a state of perplexity. Contrary to what some may think, the public aren't a bunch of techno-heads who await (along with their wallets) each new breakthrough that enters the market.

Comment

Give it a break, George.

Speak for yourself.

Comment

Give it a break, George.

ian.64 wrote:
                      Contrary to what some may think, the public aren't a bunch of techno-heads who await (along with their wallets) each new breakthrough that enters the market.
                      Maybe not to the level some magazines like to protray, but it's clearly economically worthwhile for the consumer electronics manufacturers to do a complete product overhaul every sixth months. A subtantial number of people must be buying these things for that to be the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X