The Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Town

Anyone seen Ben Affleck's new film yet? It's a decent enough film, with excellent car chases and shoot-ups. Can't help but feel it's a second class version of Heat though. Very strong similarities. Affleck's profile certainly has risen since he started directing though.

The Town

Saw this on a plane this week and don't think you've done it any real justice. I'm quite surprised it didn't make more of a splash when it was released. Affleck, the wonderful Rebecca Hall, John Hamm and Jeremy Renner are all excellent and the script is very impressive too.

Comment

The Town

Oh, and Pete Postlethwaite's cameo is a fantastic reminder of how much he'll be missed.

Comment

The Town

I thought the performances were very good, but it was trying to hard to prove how Boston it was. All of the robberries were in iconic or famous places. Most robberies in Boston happen in inconspicuous places like a strip mall in Saugus. And that business about Charlestown being the home of tons of bank robbers was just made up. It does have a sharp townie vs. yuppy divide, however.

Comment

The Town

I must admit I kept smirking at some of the "Julianne Moore in 30 Rock" accents (though I am completely ignorant as to how accurate they are) and did think "Fenway Park? You have to be fucking kidding?!" but none of that detracted from the overall movie for me.

The interrogation scene between Hamm and Affleck was bravura stuff.

Comment

The Town

It wasn't a patch on Gone Baby Gone. I wish I saw the same movie Harry did.

Comment

The Town

I'm very keen on seeing 'Gone Baby Gone' now actually.

Comment

Working...
              X