Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the worst programme title ever?

http://www.tvshout.co.uk/Television.aspx/Programme/203267/Manswers

It's not only the worst TV title, it's also the worst pun to have appeared in any context ever.

Whether its questions about booze, sex, or violence, MANswers is trivia for men that delivers real answers that guys need to know. In each episode, "MANswers" races through re-enactments, expert one-on- ones and man-on-the-street interviews to educate Spike viewers on the taboo topics in terms only guys can relate to. The truth is never what you would expect and will inevitably end up being talked about around the water cooler the next day.
    I can see this edging out football and women from conversation.

As someone who has been described as the "punosaurus" and as a purveyor of dubious wordplay I have to say that is truly, excruciatingly awful, reading it actually makes my teeth hurt.

Also it just makes me think it should be pronounced as "Man swears".

Comment

Did you used to laugh at Richard Whiteley's puns at the start of Countdown?

Comment

The programme, on the other hand, looks great.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
          Did you used to laugh at Richard Whiteley's puns at the start of Countdown?
          I never really watched "Countdown" despite having a bit of a thing for Suzy Dent.

Comment

'MANswers'? That is Partridge-esque emphasis on the pun syllable.

The worst programme title ever is any title in which the name of the presenter is included in an attempt to woo viewers. Claire's Bonobo Safari, Trevor's Oblong Buildings and the like.

Quiz show are an exception, for instance I've no objection to Bob's Full House.

Comment

For some reason, "Trevor's Oblong Buildings" just made me do a proper LOL. I reckon I'd watch it, as long as it's Trevor Nelson, and not my cousin Trevor.

Comment

For some reason I immediately pictured Trevor Brooking as the presenter.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X