Masterchef's back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masterchef's back...

...tomorrow night on BBC 2. And this is the one without the celebrities being right old drama queens (though having said that, the last sleb one wasn't that bad to be honest).
    I'm not sure why I like this programme so much, the presenters aren't particularly appealing, and the contestants tend to be somewhat fuck-witted. It just seems to push the right buttons, and the finished recipes look so exciting (mostly). My favourite thing to do is to sit watching it eating my oven ready lasagne and oven ready potato wedges. It's inspired if not inspiring.

Masterchef's back...

I absolutely love it.

As usual I doubt I'll miss more than one or two episodes in the entire series.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

It's weird isn't it. They're all on there gleefully boiling up bits of corpses & consuming the results and yet I really like watching it. The characters last time were brilliant.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Nice to see the "professionals" making great big doorstep slices of toast for their chicken livers. Proper fine dining.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Black kitchen. Half an hour. Grossman. The only way to do Masterchef.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

The 9ft pepper grinders. yeah.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

I'm watching on Iplayer. Even now they managed to find people willing to go 'I know I can win this!' before even beginning.
              Even I know what a cardoon is. Even I would be able to work out which bits were the good bits.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

On today's programme we got to see what looked like a bloke trying to shave a fish with a flick-knife.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

French Cockney geezer Ben seems to be the man to beat so far.
                  "For dessert I weel be makeeeng ze pear sponge, guvnor, wiz raspberriieees and ze marzipan, you slaaaaag."
                  He certainly impressed the food critics, Peter Griffin, Superintendent Chalmers and Captain Jack Sparrow.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Ben is a total star. He's brilliant.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

I wont watch this or anything else with that little bald twat. He is a fucking greengrocer. Lets see him up against John Torode (who is an excellent chef)... wanker.

(Nothing against bald people, couldnt think of another adjective which was objective enough... big-glasses? mockney? arsehole-ish?, nope they dont work.)

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Mumpo wrote:
                        Black kitchen. Half an hour. Grossman. The only way to do Masterchef.
                        Mumpo is licensed to speak for me on the issue.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

The bald twat is compelling to watch though. That shouting shtick that inevitably ends with the hackneyed phrase: "But is he/she good enough?"

Torode looks like someone who can be highly obnoxious in ways only chefs can be (and usually are, the fuckers).

Comment

Masterchef's back...

It's awful. He stands for loads of things that I can't be doing with. So does Heston Blumenthal. But they're both kind of attractive. I hate that.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

The best bits are when the judges confer, when the style of filming makes it look like they are shouting directly into each other's faces. Also, you can tell that they film cutaways of Gregg Wallace afterwards and insert them later to break up John Torode's long spiels. You can tell this because all - ALL - of these cutaways look incredibly stagey and fake. Nod, Gregg, nod! Nod again!

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Anyone watch Australian Masterchef? It's a weird mix of UK masterchef cooking, and bizarre big Brother style reality show.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

I love Australian Masterchef. I like the UK version but I reckon the Australian take on it is ten times better.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Never seen it. In my mind I imagine it to be participated by stereotypical Aussies.
                                    "G'day John, for tucker today I'm going to be barbecuing some shrimps, with a side of lager, and for dessert I'm going to be having a fight."

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Did anyone else find themselves willing Kevin to fall flat on his face in last night's episode? The smug twat.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

I was very disappointed by the female judge. Whilst berating the contestants for their lack of basic culinary skills, she was herself entirely inept at fulfilling the role of villainous antagonist, continually rolling her eyes and adopting a decidedly comical 'Humph!' expression.

You're going to need to bo better than that, love.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Sean of the Shed wrote:
                                          Did anyone else find themselves willing Kevin to fall flat on his face in last night's episode? The smug twat.
                                          Yes, though he seemed to be unable to keep up the act once he found himself in the presence of Michel Roux Jr.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Oh dear. It actually did go horribly wrong for Kevin and he was unable to serve his dessert in the quarter-final. Poor sod was in tears.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Ssh. I'm trying to watch The Apprentice.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread, I still have to watch this yet, but I couldn't stop myself, like peeling the corner from a present you've not been able to decipher by squeezing or shaking.

Comment

Masterchef's back...

Its a record token.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X