Scenes that have "shocked" you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched John Waters' Pink Flamingos the other day for the first time, and was genuinely shocked by the chicken scene. I'm a big John Waters fan, but I felt sick after that. 'Grossness' and 'political incorrectness' I can handle, seeing dogshit-eating and fictional Fritzl scenarios doesn't bother me, but real-life cruelty to animals is another matter.

And I dunno about 'shocked', but I was certainly surprised to learn (from this thread) that the guy who directed Quadrophenia and the guy behind Auf Wiedersehen Pet are one and the same...

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I've seen Pink Flamingos all the way through for that very reason.

we had a whole lot of John Waters films through work a few years ago, when they released the Hairspray remake. It was really interesting because we were also doing one of the Wire series at the same time, so it was like, these completely different views of Baltimore on all sides.

Comment

I remember seeing a public information film about road safety when I was at school which ended with the naked and mulilated bodies of two young children who had been killed in an accident lying on a mortuary slab. Just dreadful. I was about 15 when they showed me that!

A bit more recently, a scene in The Sopranos which showed some character mocking and then beating to death his pregnant girlfriend, was quite upsetting, to put it mildly.

Comment

That was Ralph Cifaretto, probably one of the most psychotic characters in the show, which, for the Sopranos, is saying something.

Comment

Working...
          X