Alien 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien 5

For anyone like me for whom the mere words "Weyland-Yutani Corporation" send a certain shiver down the spine, the news that Alien 5 is in pre-production - and with Ridley Scott and HR Giger on board! - is great news.

A prequel , allegedly, too - and talk on fansites about a backstory involving the mysterious "Space Jockey" alien race, whose crashed ship (infested by the alien eggs) was the one visited by the crew of the Nostromo right at the start of it all.

Alien 5

Had to be a prequel. Sigourney Weaver's over 60 and probably not really able to kick ass the way she used to.

Comment

Alien 5

When I saw the thread title, I groaned "Oh no!". But this sounds like it could actually be good. Glad to hear they've got Giger back onside more than Scott. Giger was well pissed off after #4.

Wouldn't it be great if there were no human characters in the film at all - just Space Jockeys, Aliens (and maybe Predators)? :-)

###SPOILER ALERT###

The thing is, in the comic books ('Aliens: Earthwar', I think) it's pretty much revealed that the Space Jockeys are so technologically and psychically advanced that they could not only kill Aliens en masse pretty damned easily, but they could also probably crush the human race if they felt like it! Thus, it'll be interesting to see how they handle this film.

Comment

Working...
      X