Breaking Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking Bad

Has there been a thread about this? Probably not as I don't think it's on TV in the UK/Ireland - but if you get a chance to beg/borrow/steal/download it, do so.

It's a US cable series (natch!) starring Bryan Cranston (the dad in Malcolm In The Middle) as a high-school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with lung cancer and turns to manufacturing and selling crystal meth in order to provide for his family after his death.

I've just finished Series 1 (7 episodes) to find that there is a full 13 episode Series 2 and they are currently up to episode 9 of series 3.

It has replaced the Wire-shaped hole in my evenings and is compulsive viewing (although very different to the Wire in terms of story arcs etc. as it is very much focussed on the main character).

Anyone else seen it yet?

Breaking Bad

Yeah, Mrs Earth is a big fan. It's never really grabbed me, though I can see it's really good.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Almost everyone I know is evangelical about Breaking Bad so I tried episode 1. It's so depressing. It made me so miserable. I keep thinking about carrying on as it's supposed to be SO amazing, but I don't think I can handle the sadness. Weeds for the suicidal.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Me, too, word for word. Don't get the fuss. Mind you, I don't get why Dexter is/was so popular, either.

Comment

Breaking Bad

Dexter is a hilarious light-hearted barrel of fun by comparison.

Comment

Breaking Bad

I love it, me. The episodes I've seen have actually been packed with humour, but pitch black (the whole of the Tuco saga, for instance). And Bryan Cranston is absolutely fantastic.

Comment

Breaking Bad

I like it too, although the body disposal scene is the most stomach churning thing I've seen on TV.

There's a lot of humour - I particularly liked the family meeting scene "I've got the cushion!"

Comment

Working...
              X