Autistic Superstars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autistic Superstars

Am I a bad person for enjoying the BBC's Autistic Superstars for reasons other than the triumph of the human spirit?

Autistic Superstars

Mind you, it would be even better if it was a remake of the 70s mixed-sports challenge Superstars.

Comment

Autistic Superstars

My view is that the programme makers know exactly how funny it is, and they edit it with that in mind, with funny moments scattered evenly throughout, for exactly the same reasons they play Vampire Weekend songs during the dull car journey scenes. The (apparently famous) blind pianist was good, with his theatrical way of talking: "YESSS Reggie, we SHALL go inside..." So was the kid who does a little dance hopping from foot to foot whenever he isn't singing. Best of all, though, is Carly, the one who keeps breaking into the fake American accent of someone who watches too many musicals, and throws strops at the drop of a hat: "Let's call the whole thing OFF!", "No I WON'T change my mind, Miss Drama Queen", "This will make my former rival Lucy Houseman VERY jealous..."

Comment

Working...
      X