Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess The Film - A Mime Game

The Quietus Scene And Not Heard Mime Game

Late in 2008, the Quietus coaxed reluctant and retiring mime genius M. Mattius Kaufman from his study at the Paris Conservatory Of Contemporary Mime And Interpretive Dance. He donned his famous black leotard, hand-woven in rare pure silk by a pygmy tribe discovered only in 1936, and interpreted classic album sleeves from the history of modern music. Today we're proud to announce the sequel. Yes, M. Kaufman has once more squeezed into the garb of his profession to perform some of the classic scenes from cinematic history in our brand new game, Scene And Not Heard.

You have 30 seconds in which to guess the title of the film, and the answer should be typed into the box beneath the mime screen. If you are correct, the mime will freeze and you can progress to the next film. If your skills are weak, you may press replay at any time to start M. Kaufman's routine from the beginning. The very best of luck.

Please pass the URL on to anyone who might enjoy playing it.

Ha, that's good. Only scored 247 though. Some cracking versions there.

Comment

I'm only getting a white box.

Comment

Works for me. Think it's your issue, Inca.

Comment

Nice. Less than 200, but I recognized more than I could name.

Comment

That's fantastic - I only got 7 or 8 right but when I saw something I recognised I got a warm glow inside. Will there be answers given in due course so I can slap myself for missing obvious stuff?

Comment

I KNOW I know #13, just couldn't get the spelling right.

302 final points.

Comment

Email me on john@thequietus.com if you're still getting a blank screen.

Yeah, we'll run answers eventually.

If anyone can recommend any film websites that I could forward this to I'd appreciate it. Or film magazines in other countries.

Comment

Apparently more than 40% of all websites in the world have been taken off line, realising that they can no longer justify their existence when viewed against something as brilliant as this.

Comment

Some obvious ones on twitter would be @ebertchicago, @SightSoundmag and @theauteursdaily.

Comment

Working...
                    X