Could Steve McQueen act?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Steve McQueen act?

What's all this Keanu Reeves/Hamlet nonsense? The only time I saw him do Shakespeare was as Don John in Branagh's Much Ado.

Comment

Could Steve McQueen act?

Odd one as McQueen is great in so many films that are great that you have to ask yourself if is matters whether he can act or not.

My favourite story is, about Magnificent 7, is that Brynner and McQueen are always totally trying to steal the scene off each other. When Brynner is holding the scene, McQueen is in the background playing with his hat, trying to grab the attention of the viewer. This didn't spoil the scene, however, but added to the energy of the it. It also great to spot on your 115th rewatching

Brynner, the world champion scene stealer from Ten Commandments, won obviously

I have always thought the McQueen was genuinely great in Papillon but have it recorded now so must review. His range can't be much more limited than Clint though and both used their styles effectively.

Judging McQueen's acting ability by "Le Mans" is like judging Sinatra's acting ability by Ocean's Eleven or Presley in "Clambake". Those films are just them being filmed for "What I Did On My Holidays" projects

Comment

Could Steve McQueen act?

Mumpo wrote:
        What's all this Keanu Reeves/Hamlet nonsense? The only time I saw him do Shakespeare was as Don John in Branagh's Much Ado.
        He played the Prince of Denmark on stage in Winnipeg ten years or so ago.

Actually fifteen years. Here's a review.

Comment

Working...
        X