Archer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archer.

Flicking through the channels last night, I came across this quite strange and funny 'adult' cartoon, on Fiver (previously on FX, and definitely American.)

They were showing a catch-up of about 10 episodes (I think), but I landed smack in the middle of a gay themed ep. about a spy trying to coerce a Cuban spy, by trying to get into his pants, and get evidence. Meanwhile there were two screaming queen hitmen double agents making catty comments. Much mirth ensued.

I would have taped/watched more, but had other stuff recording, and the baseball was on.

Anyone ever heard of it before?

Archer.

I first saw it when I was in DC earlier this year. I've been watching it since then, mainly because it has Jessica Walter - Lucille Bluth in Arrested Development - playing basically the same character. It's pretty funny, though not as funny as it thinks it is, and it does tend to go for the easy outrageous-for-the-sake-of-it gags rather than anything more intricate like AD. Still, it's worth watching if you like Adult Swim style cartoons (it's not actually part of Adult Swim, but its created by a former Adult Swim guy).

Comment

Archer.

Damn, thought this was an 'Archers' thread.

Comment

Archer.

Isn't David becoming tedious.

Comment

Archer.

It could have been worse, it could have been about Jeffrey.

Comment

Archer.

Gangster Octopus wrote:
            Isn't David becoming tedious.
            About Pip?

Well, I've got yesterday's omnibus podcast still to listen to (no spoilers please) but thus far I can understand where he's coming from.

Comment

Working...
            X