Ah! So he was the one in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was idly browsing the IMDB entry for Idris "Russell "Stringer" Bell" Elba just now, wondering if, being a Brit thesp, he'd been in anything else I'd seen apart from The Wire; and I was pleased to notice that he was one of the 'tecs in Channel 4's 1999 don't-mention-the-V-word drama Ultraviolet.

So here's the thread to post your own "Ah! So he was the one in..." stories.

I predict three pages by this evening.

Wasn't he in AbFab aswell?

Comment

Mrs Earth and I saw Tom Stoppard's play Rock and Roll a few years ago when it transferred to the West End. It suddenly occurred to me, the other day, that the actor in the lead, playing the youngish Czech rock fan who fell foul of the post-'68 crackdown, had a face that I'd seen since, around the place.

A quick google confirmed it: Rufus Sewell's replacement in the role for the West End transfer had indeed been a less well known actor called Dominic West. (Bloody good he was, as well.)

Comment

Idris Elba is about to be the lead in a BBC 6-parter called 'Luther'.

Was that why you IMDB-ed him?

Comment

The younger male cop in 'Ashes to Ashes', Marshall Lancaster, was in 'Bob Martin' with Michael Barrymore.

And more interestingly, Lancaster has the same birthday as me.

Comment

Krull is a goldmine for British actors who turned up in, well, lots of things. Bernard Bresslaw, Robbie Coltrane, Todd Carty, etc.

And this one's not a film as such, but it's been bugging me how familiar one of the voices was in the game Assassin's Creed 2; it turns out to be Danny Wallace. (Games are pretty good these days for surprising celebrity voices; Fallout 3 alone had Liam Neeson, Malcolm McDowell, Ron Perlman, Odette "Cloverfield/Unborn" Yustman, etc.)

Comment

Working...
            X