Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Introducing... Ally McCoist

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Your Usual Table; 03-11-2021, 17:52.

That is incredible. The wonders of the internet have thrown up working download links if anyone wants to volunteer to watch this.

Comment

That is a piss-take, right? It has to be?

Comment

i was in this, as an extra at the crowd scenes at boghead (dumbarton's old ground).

stv showed this film a couple of years back and i tried to watch it, purely for ironic amusement. but couldnt get past the first 10 minutes, it is truly awful.

Comment

I cant believe theres anyone on here whos not seen this film!
          Duvall's the stereotypical miserable auld canny Scots manager and very convincing to the untrained ear. McCoists....errrhhh......errrrrh....a flash, fancy dan Scots footballer, ala Charlie Nicholas, Maurice Johnson and errrh Ally McCoist.
          He's actually good in it, convincing actually. I read somewhere he only agreed to take the part if his character was an ex Celtic player because he didnt want to be "typecast".
          I wont spoiler it for you any further.

Its just occured to me that Ive only ever seen it when Ive come home pissed from the pub so ignore any "critical" comments above.

Comment

I havent seen this.

I do note from the trailer that Michael Keaton is his usual understated self.

And Brian Cox is in it. BRIAN COX. Where can I watch it?

Comment

I won't let CV watch this alone. I've got biscuits and I am bracing for impact.... after the Valencia - Athleti game.

Comment

As if none of you have seen this before. Call yourselves fitba fans.

Comment

cheers, sweetie. 'fitba'? Michael Keaton?

DO fuck off. There is no such thing as a football film, ever... and someone's lasts moments on a cine- Super 8, dont count.

Football can only be filmed live.

(and yes, I am pissed off that I missed Robert Duvall in the shower... AGAIN)

Comment

I remember a Kilmarnock-Motherwell game( Rugby Park is used for location filming) in which Duvall appeared at half-time. He got involved in the half-time draw and then siad he hoped that "The Killies" pulled it back in the sceond half. Cue a chorus of unoriginal abuse for the follically challenged actor.

The film is beyond terrible. It's worth a look if you know your ageing Scottish footballers, though. Owen Coyle is McCoist's strike partner and a pre-Celtic fame Didier Agathe appears at some stage. There's even a Stallone style rookie American 'keeper. A quick look at IMDB and it gets a 6.2 rating. Words fail me.

Comment

Duvall showed up at a number of Old Firm games around this time - usually wearing the type of tweed suit worn by Tinker out of Lovejoy.

Comment

McCoist played an ex-Celtic player, that alone should have got him an Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                        X