Conan the Barbarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conan the Barbarian

Is anyone catching the last of the Tonight Shows? (I think they're running a couple of days late here in Portugal).

They're insane! Pure anarchy. I wouldn't be surprised if Conan O'Brien torches the place on the last night.

Conan the Barbarian

He finished on Jan 22nd in the US. Unfortunately I don't think his shows have ever been aired in the UK. We had Letterman off and on but I think that's dissapeared as well. Thankfully we don't get Leno.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

Ah .. 22nd? So it must be coming to the end here, too.

The one I watched last night had O'Brien sticking giant mouse whiskers and ears on a Maserati something or other ("the most expensive car in the world") over a backing track of the Stones' 'Satisfaction' ... which all told he reckoned was costing the network 1.5 million dollars. Then there was Adam Sandler (I don't like his films, but he seems like a good bloke) telling us that NBC stands for "Nothing But C*nts". And O'Brien just being the very talented ad-libber that he is.

Great stuff.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

I like Jimmy Kimmel but Conan's shows are a work of genius.

My favourite part used to be the bit where they did the Governor Arnold impersonator...

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

Sir Fartle wrote:
          I like Jimmy Kimmel
          And in that, we have all we ever needed to know.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

I read that the use of "Lovely Rita" as Tom Hanks walked out on the last show cost NBC a half a million bucks, but it turns out that's not true either.

erwin, keep an eye out for Pee-Wee Herman on the penultimate show.

I miss Coco already, so I hope he finds a good home. He's the best late-night host ever, and that includes Johnny Carson, whom I consider overrated.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

Leno was a damn sight better than Letterman. Neither are anything on Conan who should really drop the stand-up shtick and do more improv. Wherever he ends up next.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

dglh wrote:
                Sir Fartle wrote:
                I like Jimmy Kimmel
                And in that, we have all we ever needed to know.
                I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he meant Jimmy Fallon.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

G.Man wants a hyphen wrote:
                  Leno was a damn sight better than Letterman.
                  looks to the skys and softly weeps that we live in a world where such a gargantuan heap of wrongness can be allowed to fester.

What next, Hagar was a damn site better than Roth?!

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

I take it none of the Kimmel haters saw the critical beatdown that he laid on Leno while the circus was going on. I've liked Kimmel ever since he started out on KROQ's morning show, Kevin & Bean.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

G.Man wants a hyphen wrote:
                      Leno was a damn sight better than Letterman.
                      I'm convinced that this was nothing more than a test to see if anyone's reading his posts. Nothing more. I've convinced myself of it.

Comment

Conan the Barbarian

See, Leno at least had those amusing street interviews with stupid people who could amuse. Letterman these days has absolutely nothing, other than the occasional melt-down guest.

Comment

Working...
                        X