Don't Look Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Look Now

Heard about this film all my life, never seen it. Filmed in 1973, starring Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie.

It's supposed to be the most terrifying ever thing ever filmed. Makes the Exorcist look like an episode of Rainbow, apparently.

It's starting on ITV3 in ten minutes.

I'll be watching it inbetween flicking back and forward to Family Guy and Friends on the other channels, in case it really is that scary.

Don't Look Now

It depends on your personal definition of "scary". It's certainly chilling, and has a very affecting ending. Worth watching, it's very good; and Julie Christie is excellent.

Comment

Don't Look Now

It's one of my favourite films of all time. But it's not an Exorcist-style of horror film. It's beautifully photographed, carefully made and quite eerie.

It's also famous for the steamy sex scene between Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland.

Comment

Don't Look Now

And the rubbish ending.

Comment

Don't Look Now

It's atmospheric rather than chilling; it's also heavy going and I wonder why everytime it's been on the telly they show it late at night as I always fall asleep every time I try to watch it.

The sex scene has been the stuff of legend, as it has been alleged that Sutherland did actually fcuk Christie (and who could blame him?)

Comment

Don't Look Now

Well, that rather depends, doesn't it?

Comment

Don't Look Now

Mumpo wrote:
              And the rubbish ending.
              Well it is, really, but a bit harrowing nonetheless.

I had bad dreams over that bloody dwarf and his red duffel coat for days after I first saw the film.

Comment

Working...
              X