Nurse Jackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurse Jackie

Anyone else watching this? It's been running since 04/01 at 10.00pm every night on BBC2. They're showing the entire 12 week season over 12 consecutive nights.

Black comedy with Edie Falco as the eponymous nurse. Good stuff but to be fair, I've not exactly been making a bee-line for my iPlayer to watch any episodes I've missed. I've been tending to watch them in batches which is slightly more satisfying so to speak.

The ususal stock characters are there but it's Nurse Jackie herself that defies convention and makes it worth watching - indeed most anything with Edie Falco is worth watching

Nurse Jackie

Yes, Mrs Duckett (an avid E.R. fan) and I have been following it.

It's a nicely digestible chunk just before bedtime - I couldn't handle a whole hour of medical goings-on. An interesting main character; despite some reprehensible behaviour she does her best by the patients.

Interesting to see West Wing's Nancy in a different role. And the (apparently) English Dr O'Hara looks (and sounds) familiar - what's she been in before?

Comment

Nurse Jackie

M'lovely wife's been watching this... in fact, she's down in the living room now, no doubt tearing open a few mineolas and enjoying tonight's episode. Although I can't say it's exactly my kettle of fish, it does seem to be one of those enrichingly enjoyable series that American TV companies appear to be able to knock out with alarming ease.

Comment

Nurse Jackie

I gave part 1 a go on the recommendation of the horse, who's a big fan. I thought it was terribly self-satisfied, clever-clever pap. I think "TV for people who work in TV" was the expression I used when registering my displeasure. I thought the incidental characters were formulaic, the acting was suspect and the structure and use of juxtaposition was as formulaically modern as Midsomer Murders is formulaically traditional.

Comment

Nurse Jackie

And it wasn't even on tonight. Yet still, mineola skins litter the coffee table.

Comment

Nurse Jackie

I really didn't like this at all. I much prefer Mercy & Trauma in the new hospital drama stakes.

Comment

Working...
            X