Glee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glee

UK people: Glee starts on E4 on Monday. I've been watching it on downloads, and it's one of the greatest things ever. Like me, you might think that a show about teens in a showchoir in highschool is about your worst nightmare of TV.

But, seriously, it's magnificent, and although I hate telling people what to do, you should watch it. Funny, and joyful, and brilliant.

That is all.

Glee

I watched the pilot, and thought it was OK, but a bit caught in the middle between trying to be quirky and funny and trying to be vaguely realistic. But I'll give it a go.

Comment

Glee

Is it in anyway like Skins?.

Comment

Glee

It's been plugged absolutely loads. I haven't seen this much advance-publicity for something since Lost.

Comment

Glee

I liked part 2 more, though it still feels a bit awkward. Do cheerleaders in US schools really wear their outfits the whole time?

Comment

Glee

I am really digging this. I didn't think I would catch the bug, but it's got me hooked...

Comment

Glee

Etienne wrote:
              I liked part 2 more, though it still feels a bit awkward. Do cheerleaders in US schools really wear their outfits the whole time?
              Nope. But they will wear track suits or team sweatpants the whole time.

I tried to like this. But I couldn't stand it.

Comment

Glee

@George at asda

No. Remember this was originally aired on U.S network television and there's not even a nipple allowed.

Comment

Glee

There was nudity on Skins? We only got it on BBC America, which allowed a few swear words (only "shit," really), but no nudity on basic cable.

Comment

Glee

Nope. But they will wear track suits or team sweatpants the whole time.
                    Not at my school.

Comment

Glee

Incandenza wrote:
                      There was nudity on Skins? We only got it on BBC America, which allowed a few swear words (only "shit," really), but no nudity on basic cable.
                      I'm guessing each show is 10 minutes long over there. Try downloading a torrent.

Comment

Glee

I am catching up on 'Glee' late and am totally in love with the show. Much to the mockery of my wife who thinks I have had my tastes skewed through osmosing the amount of 'High School Musical' my daughters blast out of the TV and car stereo.

I have a crush on Lea Michele which is probably my campest bit of letching since thinking I probably would with seventies Streisand.

I have even bought the OST but presented it at the counter of the hipster record store with Van Halen's 'Women and Children First' to try and retain some cred.

Comment

Glee

Yes, my wife thinks I'm an idiot for digging it, too. But then, she watches Vampire Diaries, so WTF?

Comment

Glee

Suddenly, I'm way into Glee. The characters are great, the high school drama is done realistically, but not so realistically as to not be funny or amenable to people breaking into song and perfect choreography at the drop of a hat.

I've got all the songs on my iPhone.

I don't really like all the music, but I find that some of the poppier upbeat numbers work extremely well with the Glee ensemble - often better than the original. Some songs just work better when done, err, "big" for lack of a better term.

I particularly like their versions of "True Colors," "Don't Stop Believing," and the "Halo/Walking on Sunshine" mashup. I think they need to give more songs to some of the second and third-tier characters. I know from reading on the web that they're all trained musical performers

I don't generally go in for musicals - I don't get to Broadway a lot and tickets are very expensive - but there's always something so mesmerizing and impressive about one of those people that can act, sing, and dance like that. They make it look so effortless.

Comment

Glee

I'm still enjoying it, though the ballads/show tunes are increasingly getting muted. As the Horse tweeted, the pace at which relationships develop is pretty glacial, but there's enough else going on most of the time.

Comment

Glee

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                                "You know how I know you're gay?..."

Comment

Glee

'Sectionals' was on in the UK this week and was just the perfect finale (we have a three week break now, I presume what follows is part two of season one as opposed to season two?).

There was a dip in quality for a few episodes in the middle but it's been quite clearly the best thing on TV since the turn of the year. Some of the plotlines and character developmemt is slow but I quite like that.

The songs have just been great, Vol 2 of the OST doesn't quite match the first (unsurprising as it is Album of the Year) but has enough gems to make it well worth having.

Lea Michelle is officially my Big Crush of 2010, I could watch her version of 'Don't Rain on My Parade' over and over again.

Comment

Glee

Incandenza wrote:
                                    Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                                    "You know how I know you're gay?..."
                                    "On your third birthday all you asked for was a sensible pair of heels."

Comment

Glee

I saw you make a spinach dip in a loaf of sour dough bread once.

Comment

Glee

I've done that. My lazy-ass party dish is cutting a hole out of the top of a round La Brea Bakery loaf, and dumping a container of Trader Joe's spinach dip in there.

Comment

Glee

Mmmmm....just watched the first episode and thought it was ok. Nowhere near as good as some of the hype has made out. One to watch when I have some spare time on my hands.

Comment

Glee

As I said earlier, I don't think the first episode is that great. Episodes 2-5(roughly) were the ones that hooked me - and then it dips a little after that.

Comment

Glee

Mebbes but the finale is probably the best episode in the run and the penultimate one is a cracker too.

I'm intruiged where the cast version of 'Last Christmas' comes from as it doesn't appear to have been in an episode. Not sure how I feel about the Madonna special in the next batch but having seen that Vocal Adrenaline do 'Highway to Hell' I am awestruck in anticipation.

Comment

Glee

Yeah, I could live without Madonna, but some of her old songs might work with the cast.

Comment

Glee

Just watched the first show in the second part of season one, and it doesn't disappoint. The music is good - highway to hell is a high-point. But, once again, the really good stuff is the humour.

"Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X